Porcelain tiles for dogs Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Azz, May 29, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Porcelain tiles for dogs

Are porcelain tiles for dogs ok? We got some in the sales for the kitchen, and I know they are great hygiene-wise, but wondering if they might be too slippery :/
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Azz likes this.
    Our old house had them and 99% of the time Phoebe was fine. Only a manic session caused problems but never slipping more like getting no traction when she wanted to go from 0-60 in a second and had a couple of skids into the kitchen cupboards. But like i said it was hardly ever a problem even when she was a puppy we didnt have a problem
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Azz likes this.
    I have stone floors and yes, Pereg does skid a bit if she has mad zoomies, but apart from the occasional bump into something, it has never bothered her.
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz likes this.
    I've found them OK with dogs most of the time, but when Gertie the lurcher was very old and unsteady on her legs she had problems with slipping and I had to put rugs down.
  6. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Azz likes this.
    I've got them in the kitchen and conservatory, the ones in the conservatory have a matt finish and are fine when dry. The ones in the kitchen have a sheen to them and are a bit more slippery even when dry. When wet they are both lethal.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Azz likes this.
    i've got anti slip ones in kitchen and dining room, but mine still slip especially if there water about from their drinking bowl and Kyra being old found it hard so i got bundle of dirt mats from Splendid Pets, very reasonably priced and they've been a great help.
  8. toondogs

toondogs New Member

Name:
    James
    Azz likes this.
    Not a fan of tiles find them lethal when wet and not just for our 4 legged friends :107:
  9. swimdog

swimdog Member

Name:
    jackie
    Azz likes this.
    I have a tiled kitchen floor and Zack is fine with it, no probs at all.
  10. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Azz likes this.
    I have large tiles on my kitchen floor which are like rough stone and they are never slippery even when wet :)