Possible Yeast Infection?! Health

Discussion in 'West Highland White Terrier' started by Budster07, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Budster07

Budster07 New Member

Name:
    Stacey

Possible Yeast Infection?!

I have a 9 year old male Westie named Buddy. He does have some skin sensitivity caused by food allergies so he is on limited ingredient food by Blue Buffalo which he's doing great on.

Just the other day I noticed one of his lips is swollen and crusty on one side. After doing some research, I've come to the conclusion that it may be a yeast infection. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. It's happened before but it went away on its own. I saw that people have used apple cider vinegar to treat it before and am curious if this would be a good route to take on it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and Pork1epe1 like this.
    Hello Stacey and welcome to Breedia from Tikva and me.

I think that you should take Buddy to the vet as he or she is the only person who can diagnose Buddy's problem - something which cannot be done on a Forum or by Googling, the latter only listing sites that can, and will, suggest anything and everything.

Even if you posted a picture of Buddy's swollen lip it would not help - you will get possible suggestions but it needs to be seen by a vet for a proper diagnosis and treatment. Self-diagnosis and treatment could possibly do more harm than good.

I do hope you find what is causing this problem with Buddy and that your vet can treat him accordingly.

Good luck and please give Buddy a cuddle from me. :)
  4. westietude

westietude New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    Organic apple cider vinegar with the mother in it,......is great for dogs anyway ........look into it ........look at dogs naturally .....is excellent info on many dogs issues......written by experts.....
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    This thread is three years old. I hope that Buddy's lip might better by now.