Presa canarios and alpha blue blood bulldogs Working Dogs

Discussion in 'Presa Canario' started by dougs85, Oct 12, 2010.

1. dougs85

dougs85 New Member

Name:
    Dougs

Presa canarios and alpha blue blood bulldogs

Hi i was wondering if any1 had any of these breeds? i know presa's make great PP dogs but was wondering if they are know for any other working aspect. ABBB's whats the difference between these types of bulldogs and say an american bulldog, i know they are more athletic than an english bulldog but would love some info if any1 has any of these breeds and thier working qualities thanks in advance
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    The alapaha is basically old southern white ( the forefather to the American Bulldog ) and catahoula which is a type of hound dog with a load of other bully bulldog breeds chucked in for fun. More of a gimmicky breed than a true working dog, but I'm sure there are some that do well.

I'v spoke to a few breeders and they all say they don't breed true to type, there's little consistency in litters due to all the recent outcrossing to other breeds.

Also I'd be concerned about the price tag people have put on these dogs....I'v seen unproven dogs sell for £2500!!! That's insane...You could get one of the best bred shepherds for £500 that would a million times better at PP or any work.

I'v also "heard" that alot of Alapaha's in the UK are nervy man aggressive dogs, but I'm sure that can be said about most breeds. Does anyone really believe that they were brought here to work or to make the breeders a load of money from selling big bully blue eyed merle coat bulldogs ?

There is also a shed load of poorly bred Presa in the UK at present so do your homework if you are thinking of going down that route. Good ones are hard to get as people tend to keep dogs like that in a close group. Also not a dog for the average dog owner....can be extremely man aggressive!!

Pm me if your really interested in either as I know people involved in both breeds.