Professor Green: Dangerous Dogs General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Azz, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Professor Green: Dangerous Dogs

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Why would the "rapper" Stephen Paul Manderson, better known by his stage name Professor Green [and being the ex-husband of Millie Mackintosh] be interested in illegal dogs and the DDA? He is a rap singer, not a professor.

Unless, of course, he thinks it will help him sell more albums.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    mjfromga likes this.
    What’s being a rapper got to do with it ? He has made a few Documentaries and they have all been well put together. Hidden & Homeless being one
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    What's a rapper ?

Never heard of this professor person, so don't know if he's a expert or not.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not know which is why queried it. I had never heard of him having made any documentaries before so I just wondered.

Thank you for giving me information that I had never known.
  7. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Yazmin, 6JRT's and Malka like this.
    This is the same bloke who along with his now ( ex ) wife, rehomed four dogs as they 'didn't have time' for them but kept their newest addition. I understand that maybe they felt that many dogs was to much to cope with, but keeping the newest addition does scream a bit of 'in with the new, out with the old' mentality to me.
  8. Liging

Liging New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Unfortunately, I can't listen to this because I'm not in the UK. However, I definitely believe certain breeds are more dangerous than others.
  9. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    Plenty of people in other lines of work do documentaries! Why can this chap not??

Care to elaborate?
  10. Liging

Liging New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Certain breeds are more aggressive than others and are not suited to inexperienced dog owners. American Pit Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Siberian Huskies, German Shepherd Dogs, Chow Chows, Alaskan Malamutes, Doberman Pinschers, Great Danes, Boxers and Akitas are the breeds I would put into this group.
  11. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Have to strongly disagree as I grew up with American Pit bulls, I have previously owned Rottweilers, GSD's & Doberman's non of my dogs have ever been aggressive, they have all been very calm dogs -
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yazmin likes this.
    I don't believe there are breeds which are inherently dangerous. I think it would be more true to say that there are some breeds which are better suited to experienced owners, who are prepared to take their dog's training and exercise requirements seriously.
  13. Liging

Liging New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    I never said they were inherently aggressive or dangerous. :rolleyes:
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Yazmin likes this.
    Whilst I agree that some of the breeds you mention are not for first time owners, I disagree that it’s because they are aggressive.

I would be interested to know why you deem these breeds aggressive?
  15. Yazmin

Yazmin New Member

Name:
    Yazmin
    CaroleC likes this.
    I had an Irish Staffordshire, long legged and looked a lot like a pit bull terrier. She was my family, loved everyone and was trained so well I could walk her off lead however it wasn't often I did this because of the judgemental looks I had off the public. She didn't hurt anyone yet my friends chihuahua is the devils spawn. Bites anyone that goes near her and I would never trust it with my child. Why is this deemed ok. I very much believe it is not the breed but the owner that is dangerous. Hence why I now own an Akita and not a handbag dog.
  16. Yazmin

Yazmin New Member

Name:
    Yazmin
    If you look for a 'good' family dog, the boxer is voted first place on lots of surveys. Dangerous breed?
  17. katilea

katilea New Member

Name:
    Kate
    CaroleC and Yazmin like this.
    I think it's because (most) people who get dogs that they know people maybe wary of tend to make more effort to make sure the dog is trained and they don't tend to get as pampered as a small breeds.

I often see people with little dogs who think its funny when their dog acts aggressively towards other dogs cos they think its cute or if their little chihuahua leaps onto a visitors lap and growls at them, you wouldn't let your GSD or Akita do that! (well most wouldn't!)

Sadly with small and toy breeds being in fashion at the moment and often(but not always) owned by inexperienced first time owners who want a cute dog that stays small and cute I don't think the problem will likely go away soon. Rescues are already reporting an increase in toy and small breeds coming in, where it was very rare to find one in rescue before.

I remember reading something somewhere a rescue worker said they tended to take the cute, small ones and some were refusing to take breeds such as staffies or just any older or disabled dogs (unless it had the cute factor) cos they couldn't rehome them quickly.

Everything is about making money these days and dogs that rehome quicker mean they can get more dogs through the rescue and more money from the rehoming fees.
  18. AIIan

AIIan Member

Name:
    Allan
    CaroleC likes this.
    Having been bitten quite seriously on the neck and head by a Labrador when i was about 6, owned a Spaniel which never barked in her life, a Westie who's best friend was a hedgehog (and now a Malamute - Albeit only for 2 months). I tend not to judge dogs by their breed.

Its fair to say that some dogs have the capability to do more harm than others should they wish.
    Its fair to say that some dogs have instincts which lend themselves to certain activities.

It is not fair at all to say that an entire breed is more dangerous due to misreporting of incidents, or the lack of reporting (think Chihuaha bite being treated with a laugh and a plaster), misinformation, a hurried and ill thought out bill passing through UK parliament and the lack of impact it has made on dog attacks in the UK.

Had a pomeranian or yorkshire terrier have tried to do what the above labrador did i would have had a scratch on the neck, a funny story and a bandage applied by my mum...... not 27 stitches, half an ear lobe torn off and 11 puncture wounds some 1/2 an inch from my jugular vein.

PS: I think Labradors are on the whole quite nice, the one that bit me.....not so much, but it was the individual circumstances, the owner and environment which caused it....