Proud but a bit concerned Behaviour

Discussion in 'Mastiff' started by LMost, Mar 13, 2015.

1. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Azz likes this.

Proud but a bit concerned

Today while I was at work wife had to go to hospital.
    Last night she was a little red and puffy in the face and has been sick since monday night/tuesday, when I posted "the nurse being nursed".
    Well this afternoon the sick has her face so she does not even look like the same person and her equilibrium is so bad she can't stand and walk, and she can not focus to see.
    If she stands she gets dizzy and falls. When after sleeping the morning away nature called and she got up and went down and could not get back up because of the dizziness so she call 911.
    Well everyone arrived to have Mouse go into protect mode, I'm proud that when she called him off he came to her and actually let the officer put him outside.
    My real concern is if I got a over reactive officer who tried to mace him or worse, I've seen the reaction of when someone has tried to shoo him away, (he basicly gives them the "are you joking, I'll eat you". reaction).
    Well today actually went well as the wife is back home with several things to take and stay in bed till monday. Mouse has not left her side and had to be bribed to take his evening walk.
    I just have to shop for a new screen door tomorrow as when they arrived he hit it so hard it busted the shock at the top and warped the door.
    Now trying to figure out how to teach him to stop at the door when it is open, and not destroy screen doors in the future if something like this ever happens again.
    Overall proud of him and he got a couple of giant BBQ beef jerky sticky tonight as a reward for being a goodboy and listening to wife.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    LMost likes this.
    Oh your poor wife nevermind you and Mouse...give him a big hug from us! Definitely be proud of him. I don't know if Callie would be as equally good mannered if strangers were tending to Mommy. I hope your wife is back to herself soon. What on earth was wrong?
  4. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    LMost likes this.
    Great that she could call him off. Yes overactive cop could have been a dead dog even if he wasn't a threat.
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    LMost likes this.
    Is there anyway to put him in a different room beforehand?

Or maybe ask some local officers if they will assist in training / getting him used to them? (And train them at the same time ;))
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    LMost likes this.
    I hope your wife is feeling better soon, LMost.
    Well done Nurse Mouse!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    LMost likes this.
    How is your wife feeling now? Better, I hope. Nurse Mouse was so good to go back to his sick Mom when called so he well deserved the giant BBQ beef jerky sticks.
  8. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    She has Lupus and it combined with a very bad sinus/ear infection, is causing a lot of problems.
    When she got home from the hospital he face was swollen so bad, she did not even look like herself.
    She goes back in Monday for more testing to make sure that is all that is wrong.

By herself in cases like this it would be extremely hard for her alone to put him up.
  9. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    LMost likes this.
    Paws crossed and purrs n' hugs to all of you.
  10. Johnclick

Johnclick Member

Name:
    John
    Mouse is one of the good reasons why we love our dogs.