Proud New Owner! Photos

Discussion in 'Akita' started by Broly, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Broly

Broly New Member

Name:
    Week3ndwolf

Proud New Owner!

Proud new owner of an AKC Registered American Akita. Everyone meet Broly!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Brunniebabe and Broly like this.
    Welcome Broly and Mum. Quite a few Akita owners on here.
    How old is Broly?
  4. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Hey Broly
    That is one cute pup
    How are you all settling in together ?
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Broly - you are a lovely pup :)

Welcome to Breedia to you and your Mom, from Tikva and me :039:
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Welcome!! How long has Broly been with you? I see from your profile that you have another dog, what does he/she think of the new addition?
  7. Broly

Broly New Member

Name:
    Week3ndwolf
    His Cane corso pitty mix sister (Athena) 8 months old and him and 2 peas in a pod already! And memorized by the 3 cat sibling he has.
  8. Broly

Broly New Member

Name:
    Week3ndwolf
    Hes 12 weeks old. Born October 25.
  9. Broly

Broly New Member

Name:
    Week3ndwolf
    My 8 month old Cane Corso Pitty mix absolutely love Broly! No sign of food aggression. A little jealous with treats, but they going to be best friends!

Attached Files:

10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    He's a lovely pup and by the sound of things he is fitting in very nicely x
  11. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I had no problems with food aggression for awhile, but it reared it’s ugly head eventually. No issues with treats, and I don’t do bones to avoid conflict, but after a meal, Bandit, my male, acts like he wants to kill Katie Mae, his whole body tightens up, he gets very stiff, his lip will quiver. I’d never experienced anything like that, it’s actually quite scary, and worried me that I’d never be able to get someone to watch them for me. I used to bring them both to me, get them to sit, and fuss over them while talking to him in a high pitched voice uhtil he calmed down. Recently I’ve discovered that if I give them each part of a dental chew right after eating that each dog will go to a bed and after they finish the chews, no problem. Bandit finishes his first and doesn’t try and take hers. I don’t quite understand why this gets rid of the problem.. but just happy it does!! Otherwise they get along well and generally play well together. He often will lay down and be more submissive but sometimes he can be a bully, taking advantage of his size.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I agree Marc. I would be on guard for the appearance of subtle signals of food aggression as the puppy develops. I'm not saying that it will happen, but it can be a nightmare for one person to separate two muscular adults if it does. Just something to be aware of.
  13. Broly

Broly New Member

Name:
    Week3ndwolf
    Great insight! Thank you for sharing your experience. Any previous knowledge is greatly apreciated! I was mostly concerned with my 8 month Cane Corso showing the food aggression. Shes been our the only dog in the house since we got her in July. Shes very food driven and I was nervous she was going to jealous that he gets way more food than her right now and eats way more often. I'm just thrilled shes so gentle and loving. I'm sure as Broly gets older and develops more into his personality we will see what sets him off. My long term boyfriend (7 years in April) and I are determined to raise loving, well socialized pets!
  14. Brunniebabe

Brunniebabe New Member

Name:
    Gail
    Broly likes this.
    Hello and welcome to Breedia...broly is stunning and such a beautiful face :)