Puggles in UK General Chat

Discussion in 'Pug' started by vickylee, Apr 23, 2010.

1. vickylee

vickylee New Member

Name:
    Vicky Moses

Puggles in UK

Hi everyone, new to this forum.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any puggle breeders in the UK?

Or any for sale, at reasonable prices....Ive come across a few on internet but they are asking £950 - £1200

Ive even tried local shelters in the slight hope they might have a puggle to no avail.

ANY info would be greatly appreciated! :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. budskipup

budskipup New Member

Name:
    helen thatcher
    sorry , I don't know what a puggle is .
  4. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    Is a Puggle a Pug x Beagle?

If so, I would do your homework VERY carefully (well you should do this with whatever pup you are considering).

As you may know, pugs are prone to a whole list of potential health problems. Many cross-breeders will tell you that crossing a pug with some other breed will miraculously make all these problems disappear. That isn't the case.

there are various health checks (NOT just a normal 'vet check' which all breeders offer) which help to identify whether dogs carry the genes likely to cause many of the health problemls. A good breeder (whether of purebreeds or crossbreeds) should know what health problems might occur and should have had the relevent health checks carried out.

PLEASE read up on pugs (and beagles) to make sure that you know what health checks should be carried out (in respect of both parents) and what results are acceptable - then ask to see the certificates.

Can I just ask, what particularly attracts you to the puggle? If you have a limited budget for purchasing (but are sure you can afford to look after a dog during his/her whole life, why not consider a rescue of some other breed or mix?
  5. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    Just done a bit of searching about puggles - have a look at this site http://www.puggles.me.uk/index.html

I'm not saying you definitely shouldn't get one, just that you should go in with your eyes wide open.
  6. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Nor me LOL
    But if its what has been suggested - Good post from Hali.
    and the prices you have said Vickylee is the norm for these DD crosses.
  7. akitagirl

akitagirl New Member

Name:
    Lucie
    Oops i thought a puggle was just a cute name for a pug, that's what I've always called pugs!!! :lol:
  8. Dobermonkey

Dobermonkey New Member

Name:
    Claire
    A friend of mine occasionally breeds her Pugs if thats what you were looking for? Not sure whether she health tests (or what health tests pugs require) but she shows and they are rather proud of their stud dogs lines (i wouldnt have a scooby!)
  9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    -Thyroid testing (18 months of age and continue every 12-18 months throughout the lifetime of the dog).
    - Yearly eye checks.

Is all i know for the Pugs, but its not a breed i know..so others might say!

but with a puggle both parents should be tested..so the Pug parent would be tested for what i have said above and the Beagle parent for.

mandatory requirement
    -Hip Dysplasia
    -Musladin-Lueke Syndrome
    -Yearly eye tests - other eye tests are being done for the breed to.

optional
    -Thyroid Certification
    -Cardiac Certification
    -Elbows Dysplasia
    -Patellar Luxation
  10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    Why would you cross a hound with a toy? Surely they are polar opposites in terms of personality?? Yet another way of cashing in on the gullible.

Had a google and if I am honest I think they are rather ugly looking dogs, but that is just my opinion.
  11. ATD

ATD New Member

Name:
    Anne-Theresa
    why not just give a loving cross or hinze 57 a home instead of fueling this crazy phase.
  12. akitagirl

akitagirl New Member

Name:
    Lucie
    Yes, search the rescue centres, online and in your area, I am sure you will find just as lovely a cross :grin: