Puppies in my future General Chat

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Bulldogs4Life, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee

Puppies in my future

I should be having puppies next year. I am very excited! :grin: :mrgreen: It is a lot of work but also wonderful. I have been waiting for time now. I am really proud and hope my keeper will be hmmmm awesome. I know they will all be beautiful and special in their own right. One of the hard parts is going to b be picking names. Lol.

Mama to be (I recently posted pics of her as a pup)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Congratulations! Who is the Daddy?
    I'm sure we would all like to help with suggestions for the names - when the time comes of course.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    With such a beautiful mum the pups are bound to be gorgeous! How will you be able to part with them!
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Work through alphabet backwards starting with Z for pups names.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh yeah? I had to get the UK Kennel Club to accept just five Z names. And it took me three times to get just one of them.
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Zeus, Zaci. Zahra Ziggy Zuri Ziva all these I had when my hooligans were born

Was in 2 minds whether to call the princess Ziva or Zuri so put names in cup picked one out x
  8. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Congratulations - exciting times !

Which reminds me - I must get myself booked in for the snip.

For some reason it keeps slipping my mind.
  9. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    6JRT's likes this.
    I will promptly supply photos soon as I can.
    I think names for the girls will be most problematic. I need names around only 20 letters as well.

Aaawww thanks. Deciding who stays and who goes can be hard at times.

Her sisters call name Zahava and aunt Zara. However one of my best friends used Z names for their last litter so that's why I wouldn't want to do that.

That's crazy. Not sure why they would have a problem with it? Here it's never been an issue. If you use profanity or something it might get sent back or try to use another Kennel name or something I'd imagine.

I thought about using Zuri for my daughters middle name. I couldn't decide, I literally was at the hospital picking her middle name.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I did the alphabet thing for my Goldens and their three litters - but started at S and finished at W!
    The Cavaliers all took their initial letter from their dam line - the majority began with H, because my affix begins with H.
    I only had one Lowchen litter, Dad was Crusander Corn on the Cob, so the puppies were named Corn something, the two I kept were Cornetto and Corn Dolly.
    Tweed was Tweed Suited at H. because she had a coarse brown coat.
    Eddie the Beagle was registered as Final Edition at Helidale, as he was supposed to have been my last dog. Merry (Magdalane) was registered by her Breeder.

Well it all makes sense to me!
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    As mom had a Z name and Griffons rarely have more then three pups, when five turned up I needed five Z names.

According to the Kennel Club one of the names was similar to a registered affix. By ONE letter. I wanted Zabina but they would not let me have it, so I changed it to Zabrina and they allowed that.

Is that crazy or is that crazy?

I am sure you will remember when number 5 is on its way!

It was not my official registered UK Kennel Club affix, which I still have, it was the name of the puppy I wanted to register after my affix. The puppies were, obviously registered under the name of the people who bought them, but as they were registered under my UK Kennel Club affix I was the registered breeder. So, if any of my puppies were shown, they were registered under my name as the breeder.
  12. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    My border collie Blodwen was registered on the Obedience Register (this was in the days before they were eligible for normal KC registration) as Blodwen Fy Ffrind Fyddlon. It's Welsh for Blodwen my faithful friend.

Unfortunately I don't speak Welsh so when I decided I wanted a Welsh name I had to ask my aunt to do it for me. I didn't dare ask one of my cousins as they may well have given me some obscene phrase which I would have innocently submitted to the Kennel Club!
  13. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    I'm going to go with CRAZY! It would also be frustrating.

Yes I understand that. I'm saying that I've never heard of it being a problem here (my friend used all Z names) or experienced it. Only if it is profanity or offensive then they might not accept it. I realize you were not trying to use another kennel name they just think they name is too similar.

Yes that's how it works here too.

Very neat. I've thought of doing Irish names but I don't speak the language, would want to make sure I get it right and would pronounce the words right.
  14. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Could put "Princess" or "Prince" first then "name" followed by your "surname" :
    ie Princess Bella Smith
    Prince Bart Smith
    That way using bigger names will make 20 or more letter per name x
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    When I registered the pups with the UK Kennel Club, they were registered with my affix and then the name I wanted to give them.

When I sold them I transferred them to the people who bought them, but they were still registered as my affix and the name I gave them.

All it meant was that they were then registered as belonging to the new owners but I was still registered as the breeder. So, if any were shown they would be shown under my name as the breeder.
  16. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    6JRT's likes this.
    Okay after pre fix will leave me with 18 letter limit. When you transfer ownership letter max is hard and fast rule because there is a box for each letter/character but when registering a litter it's a simple line to write each pups name on. Therefore can get away with using more letters, matter fact mom's is 34 but on another litter when I received the papers back they had rendered the names, don't want that again. So I'm figuring only a couple characters wiggle room and try to stick with 20 max.

As I said that's how it works here too (you probably know I'm in the states). When they transfer ownership, they will be the owner, I will still always be the breeder. When dogs get placement the points standing will be under whatever Kennel they came from and on champion certificates or other titles would have breeder "kennel name" or their full name if they don't use a kennel name.
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I always thought the snappier the better. I usually only attached a quite short name to my affix, eg. Hectic, Hecate, Helen, Mystic, Havoc, Hearken, (I favoured traditional hound names - even for CKCS). If an exhibitor/purchaser adds their affix to the end of this, it doesn't become too long winded, and is therefore more memorable in adverts. Also, less typing for pedigrees and entry forms!
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If a purchaser adds their affix to the end of the name and registered it as such with the UK KC, it will still be registered as affix of the breeder, registered name of the dog [by the breeder], then "of" and the affix of the purchaser, if they have one. The bitch I was given by my mentor was registered as her affix and then the name she was registered as, and when I gave her the choice of the two puppies she had, she then signed her over to me with the KC. So she was then her affix, the name she had registered of the bitch, and then "of" my affix. .

But even though she was then officially mine, she was still the registered breeder and had I wanted to show her it would have been under the name of her breeder, not under my name. Sure she had the full name, but the breeders name came first.
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    That's right - the breeders affix comes first (prefix), and the owners (if a different person) affix goes at the end (suffix), usually with some kind of a conjunction. I like, 'at' or 'for', - but whatever flows best.
    It wasn't always so, if you look at historic records, some kennels always used a suffix, (like the 'of Ware' Cocker's, I think the only Kennel to go BIS at Crufts three times). I think it was during the '60's that the use of affixes was standardised, and the rule was not popular with everyone at the time.
    This thread is really making me yearn for the joys of breeding dogs. Choosing the sire, the anticipation, evaluating your pick, and selecting the right sounding names. Then the ringcraft training, and waiting to see what the competition will be when we hit the ring. Makes me wish I could turn the clock back twenty years or so.
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Could try Latin/Italian or old fashion names, they seem to be very popular at moment.
    ie Elizabeth / Elisabeth -new owners can then shortened name to Lizzy Liz Betty Beth so forth.
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My pet names didn't usually have much relationship to their show names. They were just what appealed to me at the time, whereas I liked the litter to have a theme. This either proves that I was obsessed, or had too much time on my hands - but it was before the days of social media!