Puppy farm Suffolk/norfolk General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Helen56, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Helen56

Helen56 New Member

Name:
    Helen

Puppy farm Suffolk/norfolk

Hi I’m not sure if I’m allowed post this on here so apologies if not. This may be a long post I have posted on all other forums I can think of.
    I don’t really want to give much away about my experience incase for some reason it gets back to the breeder. I know this is a long shot but has anyone had any bad experiences with a breeder on the Suffolk/Norfolk border? I can’t be the only one who has had a terrible experience going by the volume of puppy’s that are being produced.This breeder breeds roughly 8 different breeds of dogs they use a different mobile number for them and put up fake names and locations. I’ve tried reporting them as some of the mothers are covered in scars and it’s just lies after lies tho no one seems to care. I’m not sure where I could look to see if anyone else is complaining about the same person but I don’t want to give up on this and have more families go through what I did. If any one has had a bad experience in that area and would like to tell me I would probably be able to work out if it’s the same people breeds involved are
    Golden retrievers
    Pugs
    French bulldogs
    Pomerainians
    Pomski
    French bulldogs
    Bulldogs
    Beagles
    Bernese mountain dogs
    Boxers
    Chow chow
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Who did you report them to ?
  4. Helen56

Helen56 New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Trading standards
    Police
    Environmental health
    Rspca
    Still need to report to HMRC
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    1 Find out if the farm is licensed to breed and sell puppies by contacting your Local Authority. The licensing department of your LA will know if the farmer has been granted a license. They are the only legal licensing officials. They will also know how many breeding bitches the farm is allowed to have. They may not be very forthcoming with information, but you are allowed to lay a complaint if you think the farm is breeding irresponsibly.

2 You can also ask when the farm was last inspected and what the results of the inspection were. If you are not satisfied with the answers you are given you may lay a formal complaint about this also.

3 You are entitled to ask questions!
    Who was the attending vet at the last inspection?
    What was the name of the LA officer or Dog Warden who inspected the premises?
    Has the farmer been keeping adequate records?
    Are they aware that complaints have been made about the premises?
    If it is the case, are they aware of poor conditions seen on the farm?
    If it is the case, are they aware that pups bought from this breeder have fallen sick or have died?
    Have other complaints been made?
    What do they intend to do about them?

If Local Authority officials know people are interested in the way they conduct their licensing procedure, they may be more inclined to enforce the law more rigorously.
    4 As with the information about the farmer, keep records of your conversations or correspondence with the LA or Dog Warden. It may come in handy later.

5 Get as much information about the farm as possible - the name of the farmer, phone numbers and the full address. Clip out advertisements for the farm if they appear in your local paper/online where did you first hear about the farm? How many breeds do they offer? How regularly do the ads appear? If you notice a van or truck coming and going from the farm, record the license plate number. This information may help Dogs Trust, the RSPCA or your local authority, if a prosecution or investigation goes forward in the future.

6. If you have bought a puppy from a breeder and the puppy is ill or has died, you are within your rights to get your money back, contact your local Trading Standards, you can lay a formal complaint with them and they will help you begin proceedings to recoup your money. They will also put pressure on the farmer.

However, as long as the puppy is still alive, you may have to return it to the farmer if they refund you.

Hope this helps.
  6. Helen56

Helen56 New Member

Name:
    Helen
    thank you for your reply they are now licensed due to my complaint but my environmental health don’t seem bothered. They where told not to sell any puppies until the inspection took place which they didn’t listen to but they still got the license apparently no puppies where at property even tho they had two litters advertised tho these where under different names but same premises. I chose to have my pup put to sleep which honestly destroyed me which is why I will not give up on this I have masses of adverts etc just feel if I could locate someone with same problems it might give me a stronger case even tho I’m lead to believe they have been reported before this year alone 100 puppies have been sold so I don’t believe I’m alone
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    I think the Data Protection Act has made the Local Authorities a little reluctant to disclose License details.
    This site predates the new Act, so I can't be certain that it is up to date, but it might help you.
    https://commercialsaleofpuppies.wordpress.com
    Let's hope that Lucy's Law gets some teeth soon.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry, we cross-posted.
    Would the Wood Green people be able to offer any advice? I think they are linked to Battersea.
  9. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Well done Helen for pursuing this and great advice from everyone else which pointed Helen in the right direction
    It turns my stomach to here such sad events !
  10. Helen56

Helen56 New Member

Name:
    Helen
    I’ll definitely give woodgreen a call thank you
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  12. Helen56

Helen56 New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Just messaged them thank you
  13. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    CaroleC likes this.
    I have not had experience personally with Puppy farms but I do know of one in the south of my state (Maine). This person breeds multiple breeds of dogs at one time. I have read the first clue a breeder is a puppy farm is if they breed MANY breeds of dog at the same time. Another clue is if they will let you see the parents. And yet one more is the state of the facility.

Bravo for reporting them!
  14. Helen56

Helen56 New Member

Name:
    Helen
    CaroleC likes this.
    Just posting to bump thread and see if anyone new might spot it :)