Puppy showing signs of front paw knuckling Health

Discussion in 'Bull Terrier' started by Jeralyn Jacobs, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Jeralyn Jacobs

Jeralyn Jacobs New Member

Name:
    Jeralyn

Puppy showing signs of front paw knuckling

My 5 month old bull terrier has been showing sign of paw knuckling for a couple months now. Asked my current vet his opinion and he said its probably because she has a wide chest and like Bulldogs, could be causing it. They breeder was also no help. I've done my own research and have her on a diet that is supposed to help but have seen no improvement. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas or suggestions? Her front pads seem weird to me too. I'm thinking of buying a brace of some sort. I've attached pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Are you in the UK - and do you have insurance? If so, I would ask to be referred to either an orthopaedic or a physio-vet practice.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    p.s. I certainly wouldn't recommend buying a brace for such a young puppy. Take some expert advice.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I cannot advise you about the cause of the knuckling but when a vet says something is "probably" because of something it usually means that he does not have any idea what it is, so I would suggest finding a new vet who can either be more definite regarding possible causes or admits that he does not know. I would always prefer a second opinion in such an event.

I agree with @CaroleC about a referral to either an orthopaedic or a physio-vet practice, preferably before your pup gets any bigger/heavier.