Question for NI/Ute owners, weights and heights . Questions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by jess, Oct 20, 2006.

1. jess

jess New Member

Name:
    Jessica

Question for NI/Ute owners, weights and heights .

Can you guys send me the weights and heights of your dogs, our gsdxhuskys are a year old now and i am wondering if they are going to get any bigger. Akela still seems slender to me, although height wise she is husky size, compared to a gsd she is teeny weeny!

I think your breeds are a good comparison for weight/size, although perhaps I am wrong, as the mal in them may be making them bigger?

Male and female if you can, as we have both (my parents have the male) but obviously I would only compare Akela to a female weight/height...
    Thanks!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. zero

zero New Member

Takoda (male) around 28 1/2 to 29" and 93lbs

Keena (female) almost 25" and 71lbs
  4. jess

jess New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    thanx. will measure and weigh akela later for comparison.

Do you know if keena grew much more after 12 months?
  5. zero

zero New Member

She didn't grow any taller much after 9 months and now she has just filled out nicely since. She was speyed at around 12 months and lost weight and weighed less than she did at 9 months for quite sometime but now I think she is a really nice weight for her size :)
  6. jess

jess New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    mys, by googles calculations :!:
    she is about 32 kg. I think akela was 25kg, not sure now. Will get back to you tonight!
  7. PurpleJackdaw

PurpleJackdaw New Member

Name:
    Bev
    Kira is approx 25 inches (difficult to keep her still to be exact :roll: )
    I think last time she was weighed she was 37kg if I can remember correctly
  8. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I don't know whether you know or not, but the Utes and NI's are about 20 generations away from the cross you have, so a comparison is quite difficult. From the sound of it she has thrown to the Sibe side.
    Last time my 2 were weighed and measured at 9 months they were 32 kilos and 26" in height.
    Hope this gives you some idea.
  9. zero

zero New Member

Kira is a big girl!
  10. PurpleJackdaw

PurpleJackdaw New Member

Name:
    Bev
    she does like her food :lol: but when she was weighed the vet nurse said she still had room to put on more :shock:
    She has got quite a heavy build ,but I wouldnt want her any heavier than she is now ,maybe the vet nurse is too used to fat labs :?