Question for Sansorella

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by inkliveeva, Apr 29, 2009.

1. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine

Question for Sansorella

This is a genuine question, please peeps, don't turn this into an argument...
    Sandra, have you noticed any differences rearing your latest litter ? would you say the pups were more outgoing, shy, energetic, curious, chewy, any noticable differences between personalities of individual puppies ?

thanks in advance Elaine:)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Thats a very good question.

Nothing really stands out as being any different - but then this particular litter is only 25% Saarloos, so there is 75% NI influence.

At birth the litter was very even - all a good size and I did notice that they were all very strong from the start.

On the whole they are no different than a normal NI litter of mine - they are all outgoing, bouncy, confident pups. Some are brighter, faster learners than others, but you get that with any breed.

Temperament and character wise, each puppy in any litter will develop its own character - which I find fascinating as they all have the same genes and are brought up exactly the same.

I must take another video of them playing with the pack now they are nearly three weeks older than the last video clips and see if anyone can see any major differences between these and NI litters.

I don't expect the temperament of this litter to be much different than an NI litter, but the health should be better because the co-efficiency of inbreeding is lower.

ETA: I have remarked to people how contented and laid back they are - I just remembered that because they just started hollering for their dinner and thats unusual for them to be noisey.
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Thanks very much for that, can't wait to see the new vid...
  5. girliebiker

girliebiker New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    As you may have seen on the photo thread, I have just got a Sansorrella puppy. I had never met Sandra before Sunday although I have been on her forum. When we went to see the puppies I thought they were very outgoing and so BIG:shock: for 6 weeks old. They are a lively bunch and are very friendly coming to you and taking a real interest in their surroundings. I was really impressed by them, must have been to buy one:grin: as when we went we were not actually going to get one:lol: We were there when they had their supper and boy did they enjoy it:lol: then as with most babies went to sleep:lol: :grin:
  6. girliebiker

girliebiker New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Just to add, it wasn't an impulse to get her, I have been wanting a wolfdog type for almost three years:shock:
  7. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    I have made you a 5 minute video of the pups now they are six and a half weeks old - of course it also features the rest of the pack as I can't get a camera out without they all start showing off.

I am just uploading to Youtube and will then put it on my Blog for you - if I can figure out how. If not I will put it on the video thread and a mod will move it for me to the right place.

It will probably be an hour or so before I get it on here so please be patient! :lol:
  8. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
  9. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I like the white one with 1 ear up and one down but I would pick when they all run together the dark one at back that looks reddy on head,very scrummy.
  10. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    That white one with one ear up and one ear down - I was thinking of calling it Sansorrella Semaphore!

The red one takes after her dad.
  11. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Pmsl thats a great name.... just don't tell anyone I didn't know what Semaphore is :lol: :lol:
  12. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    It's communicating using flags!
    Becky
  13. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Marie - you weren't the only one lol

Thanks Mahooli - just wonder what the ears are saying????