Question please to CKCS owners! Questions

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Helena54, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena

Question please to CKCS owners!

Well, I've racked my brains and I can't come up with an answer all by myself so I'd like to ask a question please:grin:

The Cavalier spaniels, what is their correct abbreviations then please? Sometimes I see CKCS on here, then I see KCCS or similar and it's always different, so what exactly ARE they called so that I can use the proper abbreviations instead of having to type the whole thing! I always thought they were called King Charles Cocker Spaniels, so surely that's KCCS, so why the CKCS then please??? I'm in a dilema that's for sure:lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Gina&Jaz

Gina&Jaz New Member

Name:
    Gina
    A lot of people call them King Charles Cavaliers, but I think the proper name, and it's what I've always called them, is Cavalier King Charles, which would make it CKCS, not KCCS. :grin:
  4. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Oh, then I've been calling them by the wrong name then, coz I always thought they were called the King Charles cocker Spaniel:blush: I wonder why I thought there was a cocker in there then???!:roll: I needed to get that cleared up thanks!!!:grin:
  5. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    They are two different breeds, the CKCS which are fairly thick on the ground and the KCS which are not very common.

CkSC - Cavalier King Charles spaniel
    KCS - King Charles Spaniel.

PS - the KCS are the flat faced ones. about 1 kg heavier

Sorry I see this was directed at owners, hope you don't mind me answering. If you look on the KC site you will see the difference.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  6. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Did you mean to put the S and C round the other way, or are you just trying to confuse me even more then????!!!!:lol: See what I mean!!!!!:lol:
  7. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Dyslexia - they are Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (CKCS) or King Charles Spaniels - Different breeds, they look very different the latter having a much flatter face.
  8. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    Think that is what happened as it is the Casvalier King Charles Spaniel CKCS Helena hope this helps.
  9. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    So that is what I will call them from now on then! I just didn't know - honest! You learn something every day don'tcha!!!:grin: Thanks all.:grin:
  10. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Don't forget though, only call CKCS that otherwise you will upset the owners of the dog if they are King Charles Spaniels.

Just the same as GSDs are not BSDs they are a totally different breed.
  11. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Wrong way round re weight:

They are now two distinct breeds & have quite a lot of obvious differences

The King Charles are known as Charlies & the Cavalier King Charles as Cavaliers
  12. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Was bound to get something wrong, should not have answered really, not even my group but I have heard people get the two confused so much I took the opportunity to jump in quick. Funny I have always had the impression that the KCS were the heavier but I am only gaining that idea from the stewards seat, teach me to look it up first.
  13. Deborahjane

Deborahjane New Member

Name:
    Deborah
    JODEEE.... Need some advice. My sis in law has got a cav girl which was mated on saturday and sunday. Shes almost 3 and this is her 1st mating, shes still bleeding quite heavily, has rung the stud owner and the vet who have both told her that this is quite normal....is it. I've got 2 girls but mine are only 13mths and 15mths old and I dont know what to tell her:(