Regal Beagle. General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, May 21, 2018.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.

Regal Beagle.

Last week there seems to have been a rather important event which took place in Windsor. What is rather more interesting to Beagle fans, however, has been the emergence of a new star in the royal circle - I refer of course to Duchess Meghan's rescue Beagle, Guy.
    Earlier in the week, the Queen was photographed being driven to Windsor accompanied by a very proud looking Guy - who took centre stage by the window of course! (Mail Online 18.05). I'm guessing that her Maj., and her car will have never been so prettily decorated with Beagle glitter. Today we read that Guy was allowed to join the celebrities at the glitzy post-nuptial party, where he entertained the guests by demonstrating the essential Beagle skill of canapé hoovering.
    What a checkered life this little rescue hound has had. Reputedly transferred from a kill shelter in Kentucky to second chance rescue in Ontario, where he was spotted by Meghan. Then the move to the UK, where his early days were notable in that he is reputed to have suffered two broken legs, which necessitated his introduction to Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick. Something tells me that we haven't heard the last of Guy ...
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Guy has certainly landed on his ‘paws’ living a life of luxury with all that fine dining prepared by the chef ,chauffeur driven and lovely walks around the grounds.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    According to The Mail Online, although that could be guess work on their part, HM The Queen is "apparently looking after Meghan's pet beagle Guy while they are away."
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Goodness, what a taxing job for HM!
    I read that the Queen has another Corgi, having lost the last purebred of her line recently. I wonder if the Corgi is a rescue too.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Very interesting Vee. Pem. Corgies are very long lived, I wonder how old Whisper is?
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
  9. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    I missed that, I’m going to have to replay to see Guy
    On the same note, I’m just watching the series called “ The Crown “ I have see it once before and its brilliant, a true insight to the Royal family, if you haven’t seen it I truly recommend it, i have put it on for my “ outlaws “ it’s kept them quiet....for now xx
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I was alarmed to hear today that the day after the royal wedding, the KC experienced a 42% increase in the number of enquiries for Beagles. This week also, enquiries are said to have been up by 50%. It would be brilliant if some of this media attention could be directed towards finding homes for some of the many Beagles that are awaiting homes in rescue kennels.
  11. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    CaroleC likes this.
    It is worrying Carole, I felt the same when I was watching Crufts and an Akita was close to winning.
    As we know dogs shouldn’t be bought on a whim & with breeds having different traits can be disastrous for all concerned, ending in so many dogs being re homed
    I’m following a parliament debate on the” bannnig the sale of puppies by pet shops & all commercial 3rd party dealers.”
    This is a link of the transcript ( it’s quite lengthy)
    https://hansard.parliament.uk/commo...4F1-0A43-46E6-B456-FAE873CC7F87/SaleOfPuppies
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Sad really,that people are so easily influenced by popular culture, it’s happened with so many breeds in the past, encourages irresponsible breeding with more strain on our rescue centers.