Reoccurring Eyelid Tumor Health

Discussion in 'Australian Cattle Dog' started by Monica, May 22, 2018.

1. Monica

Monica New Member

Name:
    Monica

Reoccurring Eyelid Tumor

Hello! I have a 9 year old female blue heeler. At the beginning of the year, she had an eyelid tumor that we removed. The tumor came back a couple of months later and we had the second tumor removed as well. Now it looks like she may be getting another. Has anyone else experienced this issue? What did you do to treat it? Any at home treatments?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome to the forum Monica.
    Sorry I can't help with your query as, apart from warts, I have no experience of tumours in the eye area. I hope you do get a response, or your vet can come up with some guidance.
  4. Bow-wow-now

Bow-wow-now New Member

Name:
    Bow-wow-now
    My dog used to have the same problem. Although her tumors were benign (tested after removal), they had a tendency to grow back along the edges of the eyelids. Using blepharitis wet wipes, particularly a type that were slightly warmed before applying and held over the eyelids for a minute, gave her immense pleasure and seemed to inhibit the speed of new bump growth.
  5. Monica

Monica New Member

Name:
    Monica
    Thank you, Carole! We've been monitoring her tumors and they've grown a little since my last post but so far they are not impacting her vision. Thanks for the recommendation, Bow-wow-now. I will definitely give that a try!