Rescue dogs want to know their mix/breed ♥ ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by manimadif, Jun 20, 2017.

1. manimadif

manimadif New Member

Name:
    Manimadif

Rescue dogs want to know their mix/breed ♥

Hello everyone!
    I'm a volunteer in an shelter in Spain. We've around 200 dogs in adoption, most of them are mix but we don't know too much about breeds and it's quite difficult for us to know the breeds mix of the dogs we have. The breed is not important at all for us but people keep asking about what breed he/she is and as we don't know they usually don't feel interested (it's sad, I know).
    It will help our dogs a lot to find forever homes if we can know approx their mix / breed.
    I think you can help us to help them :)
    I'll be posting photos of some of them, and you can tell me which mix/breed do you think he/she is.
    In case you're interested in any of them (I don't blame you, they're amazing and I know you'll fall in love) all of them are available for adoption in Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Italy and UK (other europeans countries will be considered). You can mail us to morethandoggies@gmail.com for more details.

Thank you very much all of you in advance for helping us and the doggies with this! It's not an easy task, I know it, but we can do our best ♥

Let's start!!

Dumbo (male).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kristy (female).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Google (male).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. manimadif

manimadif New Member

Name:
    Manimadif
    Rayo (male).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Marciana (female).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remo (male).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    manimadif likes this.
    Hello,
    Lovely to hear of another shelter in Spain. I do not work at this shelter but have permission to advertise the dogs up for adoption. They are called paws on hearts. Have a read at the post... Paws On Hearts Association ( by me). Your dogs are all beautiful furries and I am sure with your 200 dogs that's only a snippet of the awwws and oohs. :101: I am not a expert when it comes to guessing crosses but there are plenty of people on here that are extremely experienced.
    Thank you,
    Jane
    xx
  5. KatherineW

KatherineW New Member

Name:
    Kate
    manimadif likes this.
    I like to follow the rescues because I think you are very inspiring. As much as I would like to adopt I have a young puppy so that is enough to worry about at the minute. Get @CaroleC to try and guess I think she's quite good at this kind of cross-breed thing.
    Kate
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    manimadif likes this.
    Gee thanks @KatherineW for volunteering me for Guess the Mongrel 2017! Additional complications are that photos are not brilliant for judging size, and I know very few Spanish breeds.
    In the interest of finding these stunning dogs a home, we could all try to come up with some suggestions. There are folk on here who have imported rescues, and who may be more likely to have local knowledge. If we all pitch in, we could make a game of this.

To start off, I would guess that elegant Dumbo has sighthound blood @BlueJay ?, and with those markings, Kristy must have scenthound breeding - possibly a Beagle or Harrier cross.
    Google has some Border or JR Terrier characteristics, do you agree @Chris B ?
    I would put Rayo and Marciana in the Collie cross category, he looks so cuddly, and she is spectacular, - I bet she could do obedience!
    I think Lab x terrier is possible, for Remo, but I could be excluding the influence of local breeds that I don't know about.
    Come on folks, lets have your thoughts.
  7. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    manimadif and CaroleC like this.
    Agree with all above! I immediately thought Collie cross for Marciana because of the merle. She also has a look of Catahoula, I don't know how common or rare they are in Spain.

Whatever they are, they are all lovely and deserve good homes. Fingers crossed.
  8. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    manimadif and CaroleC like this.
    Dumbo reminds me of something scenthoundy; like a harrier? Possibly with something LGD in ther somewhere...

Kristy I'm drawing a blank. How big is she?

Google is super cute!! I'd wager mastin being in there. I know a supposed mastin x scruffy podenco (Magnum from greyhound gap, anyone?) that looks relatively similar.

Rayo I'd say collie x. Or even basque shepherd x?

Marciana... going off colour alone, I'd say collie x (but a right mix up!) again. I know theres a merle spanish breed (leonese shepherd) though dont know how common they are

Remo. Lab, collie, shepherdy thing?
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    manimadif likes this.
    I would have no idea as most mixes here are just mixes. And I love then all so I am useless to ask.

I just wish I could save them all.
  10. manimadif

manimadif New Member

Name:
    Manimadif
    CaroleC likes this.
    Wow! Thank you very much all of you for your help!! It's super exciting this ♥

@Janet I never heard of Catahoula but I look on google and wow! Colors look surprisingly similar, and ears too!!

@BlueJay Kristy is a little shorter than Dumbo and I just have a perfect photo so you can compare sizes with a little reference of the body of the volunteer walking them
    [​IMG]

And Google is amazing!! You should see him "in action", he's super-playful and nice. He's one of the doggies that has been in the shelter for more time, he's with us since March 2013... :( No one never asked for him... And he's not that old, he's around 5-6 years old now. And he has sweet sweet eyes
    [​IMG]

Thank you very much all of you!! :007:
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @BlueJay What is an LGD? I do use these acronyms myself, but every so often, I'm foxed.
  12. manimadif

manimadif New Member

Name:
    Manimadif
    CaroleC likes this.
    I'm posting just a few more doggies ♥

Marino (male)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Patty (female)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gertru (female)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks ♥
  13. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    manimadif likes this.
    Livestock guardian dog :)

Podenco!!! ❤

Shepherd x (maybe a bit of mastin)

Lab x shepherd
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    manimadif likes this.
    Doh!
    They are all such beautiful dogs, I hope they find forever homes soon.
  15. manimadif

manimadif New Member

Name:
    Manimadif
    CaroleC likes this.
    A few more doggies ♥

Noa (female).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kira (female). Noa's daughter
    [​IMG]