rescue min pin what is the best food Diet

Discussion in 'Miniature Pinscher' started by parisa, Nov 9, 2017.

1. parisa

parisa New Member

Name:
    karen

rescue min pin what is the best food

Hi there , i do hope you can help me my son found our min pin & sadly no one came foward to claim her ,so we have adopted her she is such a loving little dog ,
    What is the best food to give her i popped into pets at home who suggested wainwrights dry food ? she not a great lover of it unless i mix it with a bit of tinned dog food , i really want to give her a good balanced diet am i doing this all right

thanks Parisa
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Karen - welcome to Breedia from Tikva and from me :039:

Thank you for adopting your little Minpin - do you know how old she is or whether she has had any vaccinations or whether she has been spayed? My little one is a cross-breed Dachshund/Minpin [she is not the one in my avatar] and she is raw fed so I really cannot advise you about makes of dry or wet food or which is the best for a balanced diet.

Hopefully someone who knows more about dry and wet food will be able to advise you.

Do you have any photographs of your little girl? Because we love to see pictures of our dogs, especially new dogs to Breedia! :)
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Welcome to the forum Karen, and well done for finding a little dog who seems to suit you perfectly.
    Opinions on feeding do vary, and we do have raw feeders on here, who prefer to use a completely natural diet. Personally, I do feed a grain-free kibble, and it is normally one of the Wainwright varieties. There are lots of brands of this type of food - some quite a bit dearer - but as long as you choose grain-free, with the stated protein source as the main ingredient, you will not go far wrong. I presume that PaH have sold you the pack with the pellet size for Small Dogs.
    In my opinion it is a decent brand, and should supply all the nutrition that she needs. I think it is important that these small breeds actually get to use their teeth. I see nothing wrong in adding a bit of interest to her ration by adding a little of the wet tray, or tinned, food to make it more interesting. There are lots of makes, and meaty and fishy flavours to choose from. Along with a little extra vegetable, this is how I feed my own dogs.
  5. parisa

parisa New Member

Name:
    karen
    Hi carol thanks for reply much appreciated