Riona lost her fight against epilepsy a few hours ago Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'Mastiff' started by Malka, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Riona lost her fight against epilepsy a few hours ago

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Malka likes this.
    Oh I am so sorry. I've just looked at all those pictures of her on facebook, what a beautiful dog she was. So sad.

And very many other beautiful dogs on her page too.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not "do" Facebook although I know I could get on her page a while ago. Just cannot face going through where Kelly gave the details.

It always distresses me when we lose one of our epis - but I only just received my 2015 calendar a couple of days ago and now Riona has gone? You get to know some dogs because they are special, although all our dogs are special, but sometimes some seem a bit more special - maybe we get to know them more over time.

I just thought that Riona deserved a mention here. If for nothing else to carry on wanting to pass on knowledge and understanding of canine epilepsy.

Did you see the photos of the 2014 Epi Pup Party?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.603949176385269.1073741834.286166001496923&type=3

Makes me realise that my beloved Pereg is not alone.
  5. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Malka likes this.
    So sorry for her lose, it is always a shame when, when such a majestic creature passes.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    Larry, whether they are tiny Chihuahuas or magnificent Mastiffs like our now angel epi Riona who Fearghas and Killian are looking for - these epis are special. Just as my epi Pereg is special.

But Riona was such a glorious girl, and for to go less than two weeks before she had the pride of place on the cover of our calendar - I cannot explain it very well. Many of the photos are of angel epis but Riona was not an angel on that photograph, was she?

That is what we call them when they have passed. Angels.

This is my Pereg's picture for this year...

[​IMG]

Last year the photo of Pereg I use as my avatar and welcome picture was the one on the calendar.

[​IMG]

The year before it was my previous avatar and welcome picture that was used.

[​IMG]
    I did not send in a photo before then but I do not remember why. Incidentally, Marion removes the dates as she tends to shuffle photos to match the month, not the date.

I love that girl of mine so much.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I look at those photographs, then I turn to look at Pereg on the couch behind me - and I look at her beautiful face and her beautiful eyes - and she smiles at me.

And then I realise that she would not be my beloved Pereg if she was not epi, would she. I so wish she was not but she is and I think that is why she and I have a closer relationship than any dog I ever had before, even though I loved them all.

Because there is a special relationship between an epi and the one who cares for them.
  8. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Very true Malka. it does not matter the breed. What matters is how they enriched our lives and hopefully we brought joy to there lives.
    Though Mastiffs simply hold a place in my soul that no other breed every will, as I'm sure many other are with there breed of dog.
  9. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    I'm so sad to hear the passing of anyone's canine babies, hate to admit it but I'm more devoted to my Callie than some of my human kids. Our dogs and cats enrich our lives more than anything else sometimes.