RIP Rigby Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Liging, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Liging

Liging New Member

Name:
    Jessica

RIP Rigby

I recently euthanized my 6-year-old French Bulldog, Rigby. He suffered from Hemophilia A, Hemivertebrae, Histiocytic ulcerative colitis, Intervertebral disc herniation and brachycephalic airway syndrome. He was constantly getting plasma transfusions. It finally got to a point where I felt I was putting him through treatments just to keep him around for myself and not because he wanted to continue living. He had to live on a prescription diet and couldn't eat anything else. The amount of medication he had to take every day was insane! He had a large portion of his soft palate removed just so he could breathe. I finally decided it was time to let him go to rainbow bridge.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am so sorry to hear that you have had to give your Rigby peace - but that is what you did. I gave peace to my beloved epileptic Pereg [as seen in my avatar] at also six years old.

She is probably waiting for him at The Bridge and will welcome him.

May Rigby now have peace, no more horrid medications, and may his memory be for a blessing.

With comfort

Malka and little Tikva x
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    R.I.P little one
  5. Liging

Liging New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Thank you guys. I really appreciate what you said, Malka. Rigby was my first dog and I loved him so much. I just couldn't watch the poor boy suffer anymore with all those health problems. He was kept alive for years thanks to the blood donations from other dogs.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pereg was just - just? Epileptic - but it was enough. So when I telephoned Dr Ram, her vet, and said it was time, he came round at about 1am but I have never asked him why he was wearing his scrubs at that time
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Run Free little one x
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I am so sorry to read about all the problems you experienced with Rigby. He looks such a sweet little chap.You have done the brave act to protect him from further suffering, but your post does not dwell on all the heartache that you must have gone through during his short life.
    There is no doubt that the French Bulldog breed has been affected by the meteoric rise in its numbers over a relatively short time period, and the number of commercial breeder's who saw the chance of a fast buck. I hope that the composed way that you have related Rigby's sad story will serve as a warning to prospective FB owners, and remind them research their breeder's reputation thoroughly before purchasing a puppy.
    Rest in peace Rigby, and a big hug to you Jessica.
  9. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Sorry for your loss. RIP pup.