Shop recommendations General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Mrs Jordiroo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Mrs Jordiroo

Mrs Jordiroo New Member

Name:
    Jordan

Shop recommendations

Hello me again :)
    I was wondering if there are any shops/ online places (hidden gems) that you would recommend that I can try out other than pets at home and amazon and generic places. I will be searching locally as well but I like going by word of mouth :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    When you are checking out your local shops, don't forget the garden centers. Many of them have pet sections and I've found have quite a range that I haven't seen elsewhere. The other advantage is that you can take your dog with you and most are happy for you to try stuff on to make sure it fits
  4. Mrs Jordiroo

Mrs Jordiroo New Member

Name:
    Jordan
    I hadn't thought of garden centres! Thank you :) it's so hard not to go and buy everything now!
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Equestrian shops are pretty good and most sell stuff for dogs.
    A lot depends on what shops you have near you and what you're looking for.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have bought most of Tikva's stuff from AliExpress. Cheapo stuff but surprising the good value. I do not have a local store I can get to and there are no equestrian shops or garden centres anywhere here.

Yes there is the big store at the Pension but they do not have much and buy the time I pay for the taxi fare it is not worth it for what little they have.

AliExpress is also postage free.
  7. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
  8. Mrs Jordiroo

Mrs Jordiroo New Member

Name:
    Jordan
    Chris B and CaroleC like this.
    I've just been to Aldi (supermarket) and they've just had a pet event on....oh my goodness ‍♀️ hubby is not going to be happy with me when he sees how much I got for Murphy haha I'm going to spin it as it's only a one off buying so much in one go hahaha (who am I kidding)
  9. Diana Mith

Diana Mith New Member

Name:
    Diana Mith
    i found out gowacky and they have a lot of cool stuff ! I bought a no-pull leash from them and it's working great so far.
  10. Ryan Olivas

Ryan Olivas New Member

Name:
    Ryan Olivas
    It really depends on what you are looking for, as for me i have bought a tracker for my dog since she really likes to go around the vicinity :)
  11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Or just bring it out a bit at a time in the hopes it won't be noticed and then, of course, it's coming up to Christmas and they have to have Christmas presents don't they? :)