Sight Hound? Photos

Discussion in 'Hound Forum' started by aliwin, Dec 28, 2009.

1. aliwin

aliwin New Member

Name:
    ali

Sight Hound?

Dizzy is a foxhound x but we don't know what the cross is. I have had it suggested to me today that her face is very thin and more in line with a sight hound. Alot of dogs seem to fall under this description. Does anyone else see this in her and do I need to be aware of anything different that I should know to provide her with the best upkeep?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any thoughts welcome :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Do you know that one of her parents in a Foxhound then? I personally don't see any in her. To me she looks like maybe a Lurcher crossed with a Collie.
  4. aliwin

aliwin New Member

Name:
    ali
    Well I can't personally vouch for it tbh. She came from the dogs trust and they said she was. She is the only black and white one from the litter all the others were tri colour and did have more of the foxhound look about them but I have to be honest and say that I doubt it more and more. I queried it with some that owned foxhounds at the time and they said she had hound ears but my first instinct has always been collie with her. I will go and have a look at some lurcher photos. I am just not sure if I should be concerned about her with small furries!

Thanks for the reply.
  5. Beanz

Beanz New Member

Name:
    Patsy
    Whatever her cross, she is beautiful. Have you had her from a young pup ? She has a very gentle look about her. Do you have small furries?
  6. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Alot of Rescues centres just Guess, Tri is a very POPULAR colour in collies after all , Id be going Collie x Pointer or similar, very much would depend on her movement & Behaviour characteristics!
  7. mad4foxhounds

mad4foxhounds New Member

Name:
    jackie
    ali i wouldnt be too worried about small furries you have had her since a baby pup, and i know a few full foxhounds and greyhounds that live with rabbits and cats, after all it is the training you put in to them that controls the drive. ,