Snapping Questions

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Sean Fletcher, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Sean Fletcher

Sean Fletcher New Member

Name:
    Sean

Snapping

our 6 year old jrt Lola has started snapping/ snarling for no reason! She doesn't bite it seems like a warning but at a loss as to why!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I presume there has been no change in her living conditions. There is usually a reason behind a change in a dog's behaviour. Could she be in pain, or having hormonal problems, (these are just examples)? I think I would have a vet examine her to exclude any health reasons.
  4. Sean Fletcher

Sean Fletcher New Member

Name:
    Sean
    She has been to the vets and they say it could be her back leg ( the jack Russell skip) but they can't be sure!
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Hi Sean I have 6 JRT's [all related] I can say from first hand experience that there's a health problem with your wee girl, anything from hormones ie coming into season or would of been coming into season if she as been spayed, she might have pulled an muscle in her back/leg, tooth decay or even have a infection.
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    There's always a reason behind a sudden change in behaviour. If nothing has changed - ie a change of food, living arrangements or drastic change to routine - then the answer is usually pain related.

Your vet needs to look a bit deeper into what the problem may be
  7. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    In that case your vet needs to investigate further. JRT's can be prone to luxating patella which 'the JRT skip' can indicate.