My husband and I just purchased a 12 week old springer spaniel. Once we got home we saw she has a hernia. This was not mentioned upon purchase and we are both very upset and feel duped. There was even a place in the contract to indicate any health issues, it was left blank. We specifically asked whether there was any health issues at the last vetting and the answer was NO. My husband wants to take the dog back as he feels this is a dishonest breeder who may or may not have been truthful about the health of the parents. When mentioned to the breeder our concerns it was brushed off and there was no offer to pay for the surgery, which hopefully could wait until time of spaying as my vet mentioned. I know a breeder is important and wanted a good relationship but it seems there is no trust. Unsure what to do. I don't like the idea of my puppy having a large hernia hanging off of her and do not want to have to spay early and be on the hook for an expense that we shouldn't have to pay for (regardless of what it cost, it's principle). Unsure what to do.