Staffordshire Bull Terrier, it IS a Terrier! General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Borderdawn, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn

Staffordshire Bull Terrier, it IS a Terrier!

On the Bull breed section a few people seem to think the SBT is a Bull breed? Can anyone tell me why this is? They were originall bred for Ratting and Badger baiting, then only afterwards as dog fighters and Bull baiters. They are a true Terrier through and through, why on earth would Dogweb put them in the Bull breed and Mollasser section? That also gets me too, why do we have Utility breeds (Bulldog) Terrier breeds (SBT) and working breeds like the Bullmastiff all lumped together? seems very unfair to me.
    Dawn.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Just because you think this or that breed should be classified here or there doesn't mean everyone else should agree. Thats why we have numerous clubs where people can decide for themselves which ones they want to affiliate themselves with. That is the reason why we have more choices of clubs for people.

Apologies to everyone else for deleting your posts. This shouldn't really be debated in this way because Dogweb is not specifying which breeds go in which club - we are letting the OWNERS decide.

If Dawn wants to find out why people want to classify their breed as a Bull breed then she can do so in the debates section without implying that Dogweb is classifying them as such because we are not - we are simply giving people the choice. And without bringing the 'clubs' into it because it has nothing to do with the clubs really - its the reasons 'why' you are after not whats done with it afterwards.

Sorry about all the bits in bold but I seem to be repeating myself.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
  4. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Please do not reply in this thread as I don't want it to be debated here - however Dawn can respond if she wishes to.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    More "you can but you can't" Can you not see what is happening Azz, I have had a lot of contact from folk feeling like they are being shut out and unable to post or defend statements they feel they want to, (reason for THIS thread) its ridiculous, all this clickiness, some people one group, some people 3. Ill stick to the usual sections, seems nobody is isolated from those! I thought dogweb was for everybody? Sorry if I sound annoyed, I am! and a lot of your other members are too.
    Dawn.
  6. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    My reply above has answered your questions from your post that you started this thread with, and I have also provided reasons, so thankfully we can draw a line under that one!

Now your post above has moved onto something else.

What do you mean, "you can but you cant" :-/ And what is happening? Some people are getting in a kerfuffle over something that hasn't even been finialised yet? the whole 'clubs' thing is still in development - and you make it sound like soooooooooo many people have contacted you, how many? 1?2?3 even? is that really representative of what over 2,000 members think?

What cliqueyness? the clubs have only been going ONE DAY so have cliques formed in just 24hours? really? as to people who join numerous groups, then they probably do so because they have dogs that fit in those groups. So are you saying for those that are members of three different breed specific sites they shouldn't be?

Dawn, *hug*, I'm sorry if you feel isolated but I really think you are jumping the gun a bit as the clubs have only just started and it's premature to even think what they are going to be like after some time because nothing has been finialsed yet. They may morph into something completey different. We might just keep the club colours, we might get rid of the sections, we might make them open to everyone, we might just scrap them completely, even I don't yet know whats going to happen.

As always though it's important me to know what everyones thinking and when I get 10 minutes I will post an annoucnement about the clubs and perhaps open up a section where people can have their say about them.

I will try to answer people if I feel they have got the wrong idea about it as thats what I don't want and I think at the moment people haved jumped to conclusions which may in fact be very different to how the clubs will actually turn out.
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I sent you a PM this morning but the connection went at work, I just resent it to you, sorry I couldnt access anything all day.
    Dawn,