Staffy Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Heather Barcoe, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Heather Barcoe

Heather Barcoe New Member

Name:
    Hev

Staffy

hi guys, so I thought I was buying a staffy, but as he’s growing up I can’t see a staffy in him.
    Can anyone advise me what breed he is? I was told he’s a full staff, and mums mum was 1/3 Doberman to then be told mum is staffy/dobermen and dad is apparently a staff. But he seems to resemble a google image of a lurcher cross staffy, is this correct?
    Can anyone help me out.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Heather Barcoe

Name:
    Hev
    Just found out mum is half dobermen and half staffy!!!!
    Can I actually get this breeder done for false information twice!!!
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    As I understand it you were aware from the beginning that the pup was not a purebred staffie.
    Quote I’m currently in the middle of getting my first puppy! A little staffy! He’s currently 8 days old but will be getting him at 8 weeks. The breeders have just informed me that dad is a full staff, and mum is a staff with dobermen bloodline somewhere, as the mum of the pups mum is 3/4 staff and 1/4 dobermen,

You posted a picture of the mother which was clearly not a full staffie.https://www.forum.breedia.com/threa...edge-if-anyone-can-help-me.18308/#post-222188

Therefore the breeder did not give you false information.
  5. Heather Barcoe

Name:
    Hev

She said mum was a staff. But her mums mum was 1/3 dobermen. She never mentioned anything about Rocco mum being a dobermen. She just said she has dobermen blood somewhere. As I have the text in black and white. I found out on Her Instagram that she recently put a picture of Rocco mum saying half staffy half dobermen. Also she advertised Rocco as a full breed staff.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    The breeders have just informed me that mum is a staff with dobermen bloodline somewhere )
    Which tells one that the pups are not purebred.
    If the Mother of your pups mother was a cross then obviously your pup’s mother will be also.
    Did you see the mother of the pups?
    Have you got the advert where it says ‘pure bred staffies?
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Perhaps there is a lesson for someone else here. Buy from a breeder who lets you see the puppy with its mother, who registers their stock, and who issues full KC pedigrees. Ideally someone who carries out the recommended health tests for the breed too. I agree with @GsdSlave that you really would have no case as you were told that the puppy had one crossbred parent. By the way, a dog can't be a third of anything. A half, a quarter, an eighth, but never a third.
    You wanted this puppy so much and were so excited about his arrival. Best for him to put any argument with the breeder behind you, and love your new baby for what he is, a Staffie with a little Dobermann blood.