Standard poodles - breed information needed Questions

Discussion in 'Poodle (Standard)' started by Reisu, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Reisu

Reisu New Member

Name:
    Lauren

Standard poodles - breed information needed

:mrgreen:
    Just curious... What are they like as puppies, very hyper or more laid back? How much exercise do they need when they're fully grown? Would they mind being left for reasonable periods in the company of another dog, given the right amout of attention before & after? Are they likely to fight with other dogs of the same sex?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    A friend has a Standard poodle. He`s extremely intelligent, very active, friendly, wilful and great fun but he does make her tear her hair out with his antics. He gets on fine with other dogs and does need a lot of excercise & attention. He needs clipping / grooming frequently and has a lot of food allergies.
    Hope that helps.
  4. Reisu

Reisu New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    thanks claire :)
  5. Skyesmum

Skyesmum New Member

Name:
    Jann
    My BC Skye's best friend in the entire world is a very handsome standard called Hector :grin: He is a lovely temperament very good with people ,all other dogs, a bit of a wussy boy really :lol: BUT has a very high chase drive and will ignore you calling him until the cows come home :roll: in fact if he could stick two fingers up at you...he would :lol:

Jann

Here is the pair of them doing fundraising for Wiccaweys outside P@H

[​IMG]
  6. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Snap! Here`s Daisy and her friend Douglas
    [​IMG]
  7. Skyesmum

Skyesmum New Member

Name:
    Jann
    Our girls have good taste :lol:
    Is he apricot cream?? my friend that owns Hector always tells people his colour :roll: i have no idea why :grin: but if someone says he's cream, she has to correct them :lol: he's just lovely Hector to me :grin:

Jann