Stolen salukis General Chat

Discussion in 'Saluki' started by Janet, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet

Stolen salukis

Eight salukis have been stolen here in Lincolnshire - I believe they are four puppies and four adults. The owner is offering £2000 reward.

I hope they are returned safe and sound.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Thanks for the link Malka. I was told about it by my son, who'd heard about it at work.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It literally came in as I was typing something else - I have various subscriptions for dog news and it just came in on one of them.

I have now posted the story and link on the News Section on Dogsey.
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    That's great - the more people who know, the better the chance of getting them back.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I saw this on ‘dog theft action’ https://www.facebook.com/DogTheftAction how awful, i hope they are found soon safe and well.these thefts are growing every year, Bedfordshire police have issued a warning of owners to be vigilant seems there has been a spate of thefts mainly gundogs
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Its splashed all over Facebook by different dog sites.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Vee - Dogsey has a news section and the articles show up on the Home Page, and as I am a member of the News Team I post news articles.

http://www.dogsey.com/

I also post articles on Dogsey on a thread

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=191001

I do not know if Azz has any thoughts about adding a news section to Breedia, but there are some articles which come through that I do post here under General Dog Chat, which are more suitable for Breedia than Dogsey.

I think.

And sometimes there are those that need posting on both sites.
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I can't imagine how the owner feels. I hope they get a tip off, and the dogs are back where they belong soon.
  13. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hope they are found soon.

(I don't think we need a news section here Malka - breed-related news can go in the individual breed sections :))
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have not heard anything more Azz but I do not get everything instantly, and news that I do get that is breed-related I will post in the individual breed sections.
  15. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    just had one come up on my FB of some working dogs in wales being stolen with cctv images of the 2 men that took them. Based on the comments loads of working dogs have been stolen this year. it is shocking
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Where do all these stolen gun dogs go, who buys them, surely there has to be a limited market, as the value of stealing a working gun dog can only be appreciated if the dog is sold back into the shooting world are they used for breeding or ransom, or being shipped abroad.

I guess with the internet its easy for thieves to find the locations of these dogs, from forums /training sites and breeders web pages.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    This is why some dogs are stolen - and it is because some owners brag about what they have.

http://www.dogsey.com/dog-news.php?t=191749

Please note that I am not saying that all stolen dogs fall into this category, just that some people brag too much about their dogs and how much they are worth.

Too many people do not understand that everything they post on the internet, beit on a forum, a social media network, whatever - if you have a dog that is or might be worth money, by posting/bragging about it you are asking for your dog to be stolen.
  18. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    i can understand that malka when its a puppy of an expensive breed, woul dbe very easy to sell on. But i cant imagine its the same with working dogs. I dont know much about gun dogs but i cant imagine they will just work for anybody. Which begs the question of what do they want with a load of trained gun dogs?
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli