Stubborness! Photos

Discussion in 'Basset Griffon Vendeen (Petit)' started by Monty's Mum, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Monty's Mum

Monty's Mum New Member

Name:
    Carol Hislop
    Brandykins likes this.

Stubborness!

Hello hound owners, I have a 7 month old petit basset griffon vendeen called Monty. Boy is this dog stubborn! I've owned a lovely beagle before, who was definitely always after the scent but nothing like Monty. I just can't let him off the lead now because once he gets the scent of a rabbit I have no chance of getting him back. We've tried all the training but to no avail. Guess we just have to enjoy our walks with the extending lead, with me power walking behind. But hey I still wouldn't swap him for the world!

Carol

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Fab picture of your little toe rag!!
  4. tink

tink New Member

Name:
    Natasha
    Awwww bless him,
    We have managed it with Alfie our Beagle but i feel this is down to starting from when he was first allowed out for walks and knowing when and where is an appropriaate place to do it,i am still very cautious though ,Daisy is a different story,she wasn't walked before she came to us and is very keen 'on the scent' we tried once and it was a nightmare,having said that i found a basket ball/football court that is all fence off with a gate in the middle of a playing field so i go early morning with her and train recall using food and balls,she is getting great but i'm still wary about 'doing the real thing' with her and of where is gonna be the safest place.
    Having said that Alfie is the 'stubborner' of the Two,but i do sympathise,when i see my two playing and running 'together' in the basketball court,its great,they look so damn happy !!! I guess maybe we'll get there maybe not.
  5. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    What a beautiful little lad, I can almost see the mischief in him. :grin:
  6. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Oh was a sweety Monty is :grin: I really am tempted to have a PBGV :p if you get sick of him just say and I will soon take him off your hands :lol:

He sounds like a typical hound :lol: nose down and the rest of the world forgotten ...:roll:
  7. tillytails

tillytails New Member

Name:
    Diane
    Wow, Monty is just too cute ! :lol:

An owner lost their Beagle in the local woods for 7 days this year. He was off-lead and not surprisingly found something to track. He's always on lead now though :lol:
  8. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    He is gorgeous I just love PBGV'S , As you will see I also have hounds and I know they can be stubborn but they more than make up for this in other ways. Great picture let's have some more please.
  9. nykarth

nykarth New Member

Name:
    Kathryn
    Hi,
    I have PBGVs too! Monty looks very cute!!!
    I have trained some of mine off lead, but am always wary of what they are up too...
    I use a long line with my one of my older girls, but her sister goes off with my cross breed.
    I find picnics or bins as major a hazzard as rabbits!!
  10. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Aw!! What a cutie... there are two of these fab dogs near me and they always look so happy when they walk by, tails up etc.. its as if they are smiling!!:grin: Will he get better with recall with age, once he has calmed down and out of puppyhood?
  11. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Aww bless, how cute! :smt049

I don't believe a word of it, he looks far too innocent to me! :mrgreen:
  12. Brandykins

Brandykins Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Rosemary
    Aw Monty is a right cutie! Love his expressive face :)
  13. salmawisoky

salmawisoky New Member

Name:
    salmawisoky