Tally Ho! General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, Jan 23, 2022.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole

Tally Ho!

Sorry to keep you waiting. Home from the show by 4.30pm, but then two hours of energetic investigation, and one or two boundaries to set. Then to feed to ourselves and Tally, - and a couple more boundaries to set. She has now learned her way round the whole Ponderosa, is settled on Merry's bed and looks really relaxed. I hope I can match her energy level better tomorrow. Actually, she is a good girl and tries to please - for all of 60 seconds!
    The light isn't good for photos.
    IMG_20220123_194054.jpg 20220123_194308.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    She is beautiful!!!

Boundaries? She don't need no stinkin' boundaries!;)

I suspect her energy will get a bit more focused over the next few weeks instead of just being all over the place. There's just so much to smell and see and investigate at this point. And that's a good sign - she's not shying away from things.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    IMG_20220123_203842.jpg Been out for a big wee, and has now taken over Chas' knee.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    That picture of her on Chas' lap says it all... "This is where I belong now".

Welcome home Tally!
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I wish we had the option of a love button as well as the like button, because I love the picture with Chas!!! I hope you all are sound asleep now, through the whole night
  7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    So funny. I had been thinking the exact same thing when I saw that photo. Great minds think alike.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Aw gorgeous and settling in nicely by the looks of it.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Yes she is doing really well. She is a pocket rocket who loves her tum, and that is a help with her training games. She wet her nice new bed last night, but hey ho, we all make mistakes. It's funny how they can manage to go six hours without a wee in the daylight though!
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    It is 1:10am Tuesday here and I have been checking on and off all day since I surfaced this morning, waiting to hear how Tally is getting on and hoping for more pictures! So she pee'd in her bed - first night in her new home and she had an accident. Hopefully it will have been a one-off.

And hopefully we will not have to wait too long for more pictures [that is a not-so-subtle hint Carole!] ;)
  11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Wetting the bed is to be expected really on her first night in a new home. If that's the only problem you have, you will be one very lucky lady :)
  12. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Don't forget, she did recently have puppies. Between the abuse to her body and the lack of sleep due to all those puppies - heck, I'd pee my bed after all that...
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    A dry night - in fact she has currently gone 11 hours since her last wee, and that isn't for lack of opportunity. We have been trying her at intervals since 5 am.
    @Malka If I took any photos they would all look the same, a tightly curled sleeping ball. She isn't at her most glam for standing poses either, as she is only a titch her well-used boobies are hanging like curtains, and it could be months before they retreat. When I had Merry, she was 11 months post whelping and though the fleshy part had tightened, she still had pronounced nipples.
    I'm not up to giving her the running she needs to really tighten up but I have started her exercise plan with sit-ups, chasing thrown away treats, and backwards walking. She has fabulous eyesight for tiny treats in motion, but can't see them for toffee indoors! It must be our busy carpet pattern. Play bow will be next on the list but if any of you can think of any other play-based exercises, please add to my list. I don't want to do any proper training yet. She doesn't have a retrieve or a recall.
    We are booked in for a Beagle meet on Feb. 6th, so I might be able to get some pictures there. It is so darned cold for doing anything much outdoors.
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Twelve and a half hours since she had a wee!
    We have taken these this lunchtime.

Attached Files:

15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Having a problem. Will only let me load the one photo. Will log out and in again.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Tally is so beautiful Carole - please give her lots of hugs and ear twiddles from me. [I hope she has pee'd by the time you next post...]
  17. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    My other tablet is showing a full wifi signal until I try to do anything with my photos - then it says no wifi! Back to my alter ego on the old set!
    No wee yet, 14 hours!

IMG_20220125_130218_kindlephoto-88095294.jpg IMG_20220125_130218_kindlephoto-88095294.jpg IMG_20220125_130310.jpg IMG_20220125_130034_kindlephoto-4034365540.jpg 20220125_134306_kindlephoto-4034567468.jpg
  18. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    She's gorgeous, Carole.

Have you thought about getting a cheap, second hand mobility scooter. It would allow you to give her plenty of exercise. I know when I broke my ankle and used one, Rosie loved it because she could run to her heart's content :)
  19. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    I think the hills are too steep and the kerbs too high for the smaller scooters. My friend had one but had to change it for the larger type - which now will not fit past some of the signage unless she drops onto the carriageway!
    She only uses hers for local shops and an occasional trip to the park with granddaughter and dog - but she has a sensible breed which is fitted with a recall switch! Apart from the Park - down a very steep road with no footpath, and of course a steep uphill back home, the Country Park is more like open moorland, overgrown and rutted by motorbikes, so not enough ground clearance for a scooter. I can get there by car though.
    I use a stick and can hobble a bit on on rough ground, and do at least half a mile on a level surface, so for the Park and a converted railway footpath, I can park up and go. For free running with a Beagle we will book a freedom field or use a longline on the sports fields. We have a too many rabbits and foxes.
  20. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    She is adorable!!! Welcome to the breedia family Tally.
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Just come back to try this tablet. Reloaded Breedia and it is working just fine. No idea what went wrong.