Teal's (GWP) turn at grouse counting General Chat

Discussion in 'German Wirehaired Pointer' started by Helen, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen

Teal's (GWP) turn at grouse counting

Another brilliant day today. Took Teal to give Dotty a rest as it's bloomin' hard work.

Teal worked her socks off for me, and just kept going and going, even though she must have been tired. I was very pleased with the way she handled the grouse, even though they were a bit wild at times. I was incredibly pleased with her when she pointed a woodock as they are tricky to get the hang of.

Absolutely knackered, but thoroughly enjoyed the few days up on the moor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well deserved rest:

[​IMG]

Helen
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    What is Grouse counting? Sorry if thats a daft question.. btw I have decided I really want a GWP and seeing yours working - it's even more now :D (Although I did think Teal was a boy - I know of a male Lab called Teal :blush: :lol:)
  4. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    I don't blame you for wanting one ;-) She isn't as hairy as I would like but she is my Tealy weally so I'll forgive her for that lol. Extremelly biddable and very hard working, with a lot of drive.

I explained what it was in this thread: http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=165101

Really enjoy doing it as it's so nice to see the dogs working how they should be.

Helen
  5. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    Oh that sounds like too much work - you lost me when you said Co-ordinates - rubbish at Geography and Maths :lol:

As long as the dogs enjoy it though! Thats all that counts :D

She is gorgeous - I looked after a GWP today and she was lovely! Wouldn't mind stealing Teal for a day though ;)
  6. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Great pictures Helen, nice to see a dog doing what it was bred to do, especially on wonderful moorland.
  7. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    Teal looks fab! She can come and teach Moss a thing or two please! :)

How many Different places do you go grouse counting?
  8. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    They are such a great breed.

I will go wherever I get sent lol. That was in the Dales, and I did have another estate over there but the headkeeper decided he was going to do them himself. I possibly have one up in Scotland next month but will see how that pans out.

Helen
  9. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Will you be coming here Helen?

You know I love Teal :049: Great photos.
  10. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    No, further north in Aberdeenshire. Not too far from Fiona so will hopefully, meet up if I do get to go up there.

Helen