Terrible News For Northern Inuits!!! Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by kyektulu, Apr 18, 2007.

1. kyektulu

kyektulu New Member

Name:
    kye

Terrible News For Northern Inuits!!!

Well I knew that there was some press today in my local paper about the new dog laws, what I didn't know is that there were something accusing my own breed, Northern Inuits, of being vicious!

The Oldham Chronicle publishes a story about a lurcher dog who was attacked by two 'husky type' dogs outside Radcliff school.

Here is a quote:

"Billy’s owners, Kim Water (39) and her partner Anthony Warren (50), are appealing for help in tracing the man and his unusual husky-type dogs amid fears that next time they could attack a child.

Kim said: “The police have been great, but they can’t find trace the owner without an address. We’re not sure what breed these dogs are, but we think they’re Northern Inuit dogs.

“These dogs are very unusual and if anybody knows anyone who owns two, we would like them to contact the police, because if they get hold of a child, it won’t stand a chance.”

I am seriously angry and upset by this, I feel dreadfully sorry for the owners of the dog, of course I sympathise but this is giving bad publicity to a gentle, family orientated dog. Its out of order!

I can just see my neighbours coming knocking on the door and whilspering ''she owns a Northern Inuit'', the police have also said anyone who knows someone with more than one NI spould contact the police, Im not contacting them.

Here is the link to the site:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. alexandra

alexandra New Member

Name:
    Alex
    OMG.....what breed is next?????????????? :shock: :shock:
  4. zero

zero New Member

oh great. NI are the most friendly silliest clown type breed I know so I hope people don't start getting their knickers in a knot over the temprament.
  5. kyektulu

kyektulu New Member

Name:
    kye
    Totally, Myschivious,

I am fuming about this, I seriously doubt it is NI's that has done this terrible thing.

It seems its our breed next that are in the firing line.

Im contacting the NIS about this, hopefully they can set the matter straight.
  6. zero

zero New Member

even if it was NI and there was a scuffle with another dog it doesn't mean to say people need to lock up their children - although they should - but that's another matter...LOL
  7. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I read the report in the paper and it's only speculation it was Northern Inuit Dogs as they said they looked Husky like.
  8. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    :lol: Have my two under lock & key all the time Mys. The kids not the dogs. :lol:
  9. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    right ive spoke to the paper and they havnt got a clue what sort of dogs they were they were discribed to them as big huskys,and someone said that they thought any husky cross was called a northern inuit.weve checked the register and we dont have anyone in that area with two registerd northern inuits,but we are awere of one person in that area who regualy advertises ni cross malamute puppies.
  10. zero

zero New Member

i think it's irresponsible of the paper to name a breed when they are not even sure
  11. kyektulu

kyektulu New Member

Name:
    kye
    Thats what upset me too, saying in not so many words that they are a danger to children! :evil:

I hope this dosent mar the NI's reputation, as they are beautiful dogs.
  12. kyektulu

kyektulu New Member

Name:
    kye

They should not of said the words Northern Inuit if they had no clue what the breed was as this will stick in some peoples minds and they will associate the NI as a dngerous breed.

Thanks for getting in touch with the paper Julie, I was in the process of emailing them.

I didnt think there were any people with NI's that I knew of in Chadderton.

I hope they publish a retraction, or at least explain they were unsure if the breed was NI.!!
  13. IsoChick

IsoChick New Member

Name:
    Shelley
    OMG! Did the paper even think of researching what a "husky-cross" breed dog is called? Or what an NI even is?
  14. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

In the article there is also a story about two Staffordshire Bull Terriers attacking a Patterdale Terrier and it's owner :-(
  15. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    That is highly unlikely - how many times have the press written stories about attacks by "pit bull types"; "staffordshire terrier type dog" etc etc :evil:
  16. kyektulu

kyektulu New Member

Name:
    kye

I understand that this goes on all the time, and maybe trying to get a retraction is unlikely, but at least I can try and get my letter printed in the my local paper and explain on behalf of NI owners.

Yes I find it out of order when the press uses the term ''staffy type'' all the time and I can understand it upsetting people but since I dont own a pitt bull or staffy I will not write to the relevant press offices, as im sure people who own such breeds do so themselves.
  17. AussieGeek

AussieGeek New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Its rediculous, one 'attack' and the whole breed is punished. Havent people figured out by now that ANYTHING WITH A MOUTH CAN AND WILL BITE UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES. It doesnt make the breed nor that particular dog bad. It just happens. And most of the time its the owner that needs punishing not the dog!!!!!
  18. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    how stupid are they at The Oldham Chronicle? I just hope they are made to print a retraction now, JK in full flow is fearsome!
    I have never known a Ute or NI to be dog aggressive. They will fly over to another dog like the wind to play, but even when a dog turns on them there is just a lot noise and carry on certainly nothing like what has been described.
    Oh well I suppose it gives the poor beleagured staffie people a break!
  19. running cloud

running cloud New Member

Name:
    Maggie
    Has anyone asked the paper to print a retraction and put an article together to explain how soft NI's really are?? It needs to be done really quickly for damage limitation reasons!
  20. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

And now, according to this paper's reporting, it seems there is "Northern Inuit Type" ... :-(

Good luck with getting them to print a retraction.

It's a little different but Loki and I passed some kids yesterday and, after the little darlings shoved their hands in his face without asking (thankfully he is great with kids :lol: ), I heard one of them explain to his friends that, "it's one of those wolf-dogs" - arghgh!
  21. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Well I've e-mailed my letter of disgust!