Think my new rescue is border or cairn terrier mix (input?) Questions

Discussion in 'Border Terrier' started by Heidi Matt, Jan 20, 2022.

?

Border or Cairn Terrier Mix?

1. Border

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cairn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Heidi Matt

Heidi Matt New Member

Name:
    Heidi

Think my new rescue is border or cairn terrier mix (input?)

Hi all! I recued an 8-week-old puppy two weeks ago. I have photos of her mom and dad. I'd like to get a general idea of what mix she is so I can plan to train her accordingly. I've raised several dogs from the time they were puppies, but have never had a terrier.

The foster at the rescue thinks her parents were terrier/poodle mixes. She didn't know what type of terrier. I've read up on them and they have different personalities and some appear to be quite stubborn!

The parents were found together as strays and mama was already pregnant. She had both of the parents, but the father had been moved to another foster parent. I have photos of all three and the sister puppy.

I know it's hard to tell at this age. Just thought I'd give it a shot! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I posted to your other thread.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes and Malka like this.
    Both of Daisy's parents are mixed breeds. It could well be that their parents were mixed breeds too. Physical appearance alone is not going to provide you with enough information to make you need to adjust your training methods. A dna test result might really surprise you!
    If you do a test, do please let us know the result.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Helidale and Malka like this.
    Dad is possibly (and only possibly) Border cross. Mom is hard to identify, but she needs a good trim. Pup is well and truly a mix.

Training wise, the basics are the same. You'll work out the temperament as you go and set your boundaries accordingly