Thoughts & prayers General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by My bear Yoji, Mar 28, 2018.

1. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa

Thoughts & prayers

You may or may not know, but, France is in a day of National Mourning today following the terrorist attack in Carcassonne & Trèbes.
    I live about 20 minutes drive from Trèbes in a small village which has shocked and sadden us all
    We see these attacks daily on the news, but, when it happens so close to home it makes you realise how lucky we are if we get through life unscathed.
    My heart & prayers to all that have lost family and friends along with all the others that were involved in such a frightening and I suspect a life changing experience.
    P x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have no religion, but totally agree with the sentiment of your post Philippa. Special thoughts for the family of courageous Arnaud Beltrame, he must have been a wonderful man. Life is so unjust for so many innocent victims of terrorism.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Philippa I know, I understand, and I feel for everyone. I get online news from all over the world so I do know what happens where. And we get attacks daily.

But such is life here and I live with this daily and have gone through so many - I was going to say episodes but they were wars, since I came here in 1985. I live not so far from The Strip and am almost inured to the sirens for incomings and luckily Tikva ignores them. Pereg used to rush outside - lunatic!

Life is not perfect anywhere in the world now, but what you or I can do to make it better... I do not know.

But believe me, my heart and prayers prayers are with everyone who suffers and are suffering, and special prayers for the family of Arnaud Beltrame.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    What a brave man he was, my heart goes out to all those involved.