Tikva Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Tikva

In two weeks Tikva should be here. Her mom is a Daxie - accidental mating - first litter of eight pups at 6 years old. Four of each. I have just seen them, mom Sonia was happy to come up to me and let me pet her, then let me touch her precious babies. Nobody else, apart from the family, has even been into the room where they are, let alone touch them.

It is thought the male dog belonged to a neighbour and is probably something like a minpin. These puppies are square - not like a long-backed short-legged Daxie. And although I think I know which one I want, I know they might change, and I will have first choice once they are ready to be weaned.

Not good photos but here goes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Eight likes, and one for Mum. I'm so, so pleased and excited for you, and looking forward to welcoming Tikva. They look a lovely litter. Best wishes to you both.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    I was asking questions galore - very happy with what they are feeding mom Sonia on and what they intend to wean the puppies on - not regular dog food but cooked. Although what do they really know? They have never had experience with a litter before.

No way are those puppies as old as they think. The ones I held [I had scrubbed my hands well before touching either Sonia or them] did not even have baby teeth. Eyes wide open and sort of staggering round the very small box where they are, but to me I reckon 3 weeks old maximum. And the owners have never had experience of puppies, let alone EIGHT?! Once those pups want out, wander about, pee and poo everywhere...

...nah - they have my number and that of the girl who took me there, and as soon as the pups get to the "we cannot cope" stage I will go straight to pick up Tikva. Because I know how to wean and feed and teach and train - a very young puppy.

Sorry for the bad photos, especially the last one [which I obviously did not take] but if Tikva is meant to be mine, then so she will be.
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Malka likes this.
    Aww very cute Malka! :)
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Momma Sonia is healthy, she was happy to come to me after her initial worry - no idea if any tests were done as these people do not know about them. But she has so much milk it was pouring out of her. And even though they wanted to give me a treat to offer her, she just came to me when I held my hands out to her.

The puppies, all of them, are nice and solid albeit very tiny, but were all quite happy to be held and examined. And because momma Sonia had accepted me, so she let me check her puppies.

Things might change in two weeks, but if they do not? Tikva will be here in loving memory and respect of and for Little One, Pereg, and baby Ziva. - who never really had a chance.

She might not be the one I was holding in that last photograph but unless she has changed much in two weeks, she is my Tikva.

Apologies again for lousy photographs.
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka likes this.
    Beautiful babies - all of them.

I don't really know what happened with Ziva, but I hope this little one brings you happiness and joy, Malka xxx
  8. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Malka likes this.
    Lovely pups all of them.
    Good to see ya back and hopefully all is well.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    LMost and 6JRT's like this.
    Life without a four-legged friend to make you get up in the morning is not life.
  10. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    I am going to say welcome back Malka & I know Tikva will make a loving pet as well as guard dog for you xxxxxxxxxxxx
  11. manydogz

manydogz Member

Name:
    manydogz (Debra)
    Malka likes this.
    Lovely photos. Looks like Tikva is the right one for you.
  12. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Looking at the puppy your holding Malka I think she may be around 4 & 1/5 weeks old, (going on how my puppies looked around 3 weeks old & 5 weeks old)
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tina, none of the puppies have any teeth yet and are maximum 3 weeks old. Their eyes are open but they cannot even stand properly. Having bred Griffons in a previous life, I can easily tell how old a very young puppy is, and these babies are very young.

But momma dog seems fine and healthy and the pups seem fine and healthy - either sleeping or nursing, and momma seems to be over-flowing with milk.

I am counting down the days...

@Chris B - best not to ask about baby Ziva as I do not know what happened to her. Just that she "disappeared" from where she was supposedly being looked after while I was in hospital.
  14. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Hmm. They do look rather young. In any case, good luck with the one you decide to get.
  15. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Oh Malka, I'm so sorry to hear about Ziva. You must have been devastated.

Hopefully, new baby will help you heal from your losses xx
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The babies are very young but seem to be very healthy. Momma dog is strong, fed on raw cooked food and also cheese and suchlilke - in other words even know that they did know what they should have fed her on and have done the right thing..

Momma dog seems to be strong and healthy - she let me examine her all over, and the puppies also seemed to be healthy and strong, albeit small, and yes I did know what I was doing them examining them.
  17. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    They are so adorable I love puppies I hope you get a great life long companion
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am waiting for the person who took me to see them to pick me up again - I have a lot of canine supplements that I think will help momma Sonia to keep producing her milk - which so far seems more than enough for her eight puppies.

But eight puppies are a lot and I think momma Sonia could do with some additional vitamin and mineral supplements.

I have spoken to Ram, my Vet, and he thinks that momma Sonia [who is not registered with him or, as far as he knows, with any other Vet] could do with these canine vitamins.

Funny little face that pup had - but then my face is no better.
  19. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I think puppy faces are lovely - so innocent - and a lovely mamma for baby too.

Hope all goes well
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I think she looks just great. She should be quite active and very bright from that mix. Are we going to call her a Dachsipin?
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Do not even think about it! I do not know what poppa dog is as the people do not speak English so things got rather confuddled. Momma is definitely 100% standard Daxie but these pups are short-backed and longer legged, and even at 3 weeks maximum they obvious take after poppa and not momma.

But for me the best thing is that momma was in an inside spare room, in quiet, and yet even though she jumped out of the box and barked/growled, she came to me when I got down on the floor and spoke to her. And then let me physically check her and then the babies - and no, I did not take them out of the box, the owner did.

I think the pups are used to being handled, which is very good, so I am sure that whichever one comes home with me, and I am fairly sure it will be the grumpy looking one, will be Tikva.

I just hope - and Tikva means hope - that she will be with me as soon as is possible.