Time For Change? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by JP, Oct 23, 2005.

1. JP

JP New Member

Time For Change?

Just interested in whats peoples view on the S.B.T breed standard. Alot of people seem to be unhappy with the way the breed is heading, with health issues due to dogs being bred for huge heads and chests on 14ins frames. Is the S.B.T turning into the English Bulldog? Do you think the breed standard should be changed? If so what would you change?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Saz

Saz New Member

There are so many types now days its hard to say whats standard without upsetting the minority!! IMO and purely IMO standard types are bully between 15 to 17 withers height. Where I am from we have a lots of SBT cross breeds with owners who believe their dog is a Irish Stafford. They look at my girl Keisha and see her as leggy (a lot do) and see Kai as over weight!!!! Where-as both are KC reg and we show them both.
  4. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    i like all staffs but if i had to say anythink about the breed it would be that the verry over done bully types are not my cup of tea, when i say over done bully types i dont mean the bully type as a whole just the verry short extremely wide type that some people over feed to make them even bigger :roll:

so i will change and say that the only type of staff i think is not to my liking is a verry over fat staff, i do like the over done type of staff as long as thay are not carrying a extra 10/15LB
  5. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    I know im gonna get shot for this and dont mean offence

but MOST (and i dont mean all) show staffies are going the way of the english bulldog! and i dont think thats good idea as the english bulldog need to change the standards and who breeding programme! QUICK!

i would like to see females at 16-18 inches and the males at 18-20 inches!

Bessie is 17 inches when she fit and not having bad phantoms she looks amazing and really healthy!

this is bessie but she a lil over weigth at the mo, but working hard on that, bloody phantoms

cant do show stands cus never showed here
    but u can see how leggy she is here

[​IMG]

the other is my boy borris hes 18 inches but he may be a staffy x we not sure till he fullen grown, hes 10 month old in this pic

and here bobby digitals boy but mine as well now lol!
    imo this is how a staff should look dino is one hell of a stafford

[​IMG]