Toys for a SBT Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by emmalou1980, Jan 12, 2013.

1. emmalou1980

emmalou1980 New Member

Name:
    Emma

Toys for a SBT

hi there, I have recently got a SBT and am looking for advice on any toys that might last longer than 10 minutes!

I naively bought a range of toys from the pet shop and she proceeded to sit and destroy them one at a time:grin:

So far a nylon bone has lasted the longest but I'd like her to have a bit of variety but some extreme chewer toys can be quite expensive and I don't know how long they will last.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  4. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Diesel gets through a big black xl xtreme kong every couple of months. He's a fuss pot and won't just play with any old tuff toy. I ended up giving the last lot of his rejects to Battersea dogs home via my sons girlfriend who works there.
    The xtreme nylabones are quite long lasting too. Funnily enough he nicked the pups little pink nobbled chew toy and I have no idea what it's made of but it's still going strong. Boomer balls are his other favourite and of course his big rubber ball on a rope for when we are out and about.
  5. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Toys that are virtually indestructible are: Boomer Balls and 'Running Egg dog toy'. My two love their 'running egg' and they race around pushing/chasing it in the garden in the summer. As they can't get their teeth in to it, it'll last ages.:lol:

Also the black kongs which are very tough.

Good luck:grin:
  6. petitsfilous

petitsfilous New Member

Name:
    Lou
    Ruff n Tuff toys are pretty durable and so are the xtreme kongs.
  7. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    Mine loves her motorbike tyre. :)
  8. kat14778

kat14778 New Member

Name:
    kat
    My Staffie s fav toy has to be his boomer ball he's obsessed and he's had it years :)
  9. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Ossie destroyed most things, but his xtreme kong lasted a good while. I still have his boomer ball for when Lola is bigger. His boomer was the one thing he cherished and guarded from anything that moved in the garden,( except humans, who could take anything off him) He did destroy rope toys, but we found a really thick rope toy that he frayed quite a bit, but he had it for two years or more.
  10. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    Just ordered some BIONIC BALLS meant to be only 1% of dogs who can destroy the material they are made from, I bet I have a 1% dog lol but thought it was worth a try, got them 1 each :grin:
  11. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    SmokeyBear recommended some for me to get for my sis's Staffy last year. Can't remember what they were called now but they were tough.
  12. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    Was it the fantastic foam balls ?
  13. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    My Bionic balls just arrived and are great :grin: Sasha has been chomping on hers for an hour, and only has a few teeth dents in, they are expensive but so is trying everything that says tough when it's in pieces all around your house within half an hour, They are bringing out a bionic stick later in the month, if these balls are still going strong by then, i'm getting a couple of them too :)
    http://www.bionicplay.com/
  14. emmalou1980

emmalou1980 New Member

Name:
    Emma
    thanks for all your suggestions, so far the black kong ball is the winner. She's managed so take a few chunks out of it but it is still going.

We tried the running egg which she loved but became completely obsessed with it so we had to confiscate it!

She prefers ball so I'll give the boomer and bionic balls a go