Update on Max General Chat

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Margo8478, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Margo8478

Margo8478 New Member

Name:
    Margo8478
    Malka and CaroleC like this.

Update on Max

Thought I’d post a little update on Max. He is almost 5 months old now, he has gotten so big! I posted a little while ago about his fear of dogs and the constant barking he does when he sees them and about our incident at the park, well I’ve been working with him on counter conditioning and he has been making progress! He had a really good day at the pet store too that had a bunch of dogs there, we kept a comfortable distance and just watched and he was so good and just laid down, no barking. He’s making baby steps everyday. I’ve also been sick for the past 5 days, he has been so good and letting me sleep 10-12 hours a night!

Here are some pics, the first one is at the pet store when we were working on his training.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Bless him, just look at those 'can't make your mind up' ears.

He's lovely and it sounds like you are doing a good job with him x
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Looks like he’s going to be a big handsome lad, glad he is improving toward other dogs.
    How is his nose has it cleared up ?
  5. Margo8478

Margo8478 New Member

Name:
    Margo8478
    Thank you. Yes his nose got better. I believe it was just a cut. :)
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am glad to hear that Max is improving - your counter conditioning seems to be working just fine. He is such a handsome pup and I love the way his ears are sorting themselves out!

Sorry to hear that you have been sick - I hope it was nothing serious and that you are well now. Max obviously knew that you were not your usual self - good for him for letting you sleep as much as you could.