Wanted to share.. Rescue

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Mrs Jordiroo, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Mrs Jordiroo

Mrs Jordiroo New Member

Name:
    Jordan

Wanted to share..

Hi everyone so our home check is today which I'm super excited about I know it will all be hunky-dory.
    Anyways I thought I would share the rescue I'm getting Murphy from and a little background as to why.
    Here it goes....
    We've been looking to rescue a dog for a while now and I got in contact with several rescues near me and all of them refused us because my son is under 10 yo... I didn't want to buy from a breeder as I'm not interested in breeding,showing or working dogs and I wasn't keen on the idea of supporting any Tom dick and Harry that has likely in it for the money.
    I came across Zante strays on Facebook and thought they were doing amazing work and they seem to genuinely care so much about the animals they are helping. The correspondence I've had with them is so encouraging and I would highly recommend them on that alone. So if you're in the UK and parts of Europe and want to rescue a dog or know anyone that does I would definitely check them out, obviously once you've tried the UK shelters I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm taking away from dogs we have here, I know they need homes to. I just thought I'd share :) x
    https://zantestrays.com/
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I can understand rescues being cautious about rehoming to people with young children, in most cases the background of the dogs are unknown or undisclosed behavioural problems Ect:
    Smaller rescues are usually more flexible, though the majority doesn’t do themselves any favours, in that they seem to have completely unrealistic expectations.
    Hope the homecheck went OK .
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    A lot of behaviour work includes getting dogs used to kids; getting kids to respect dogs; mending broken relationships because a young child treats the dog like a cuddly toy until it bites so it's understandable that rescue centres are cautious when rehoming to families with young children. It isn't personal, just the centres trying to avoid problems