We did it! Experiences

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, Jan 9, 2019.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    LMost, GsdSlave and Malka like this.

We did it!

I am proud to announce that these two are now Guiness World Record Holders!

_X5A2118.email.jpg

Today the 2019 Beagle attempt at the record for the largest dog walk by a single breed was added onto the Guiness World Records website - disappointingly just a little too late to make this year's annual, which was on sale for Christmas!
    Guiness have spent eight months deliberating over the videos, proofs of breed purity, and observance of the rules. They have reduced our claim of 1034 to 1029 dogs. (The rules were very strict and covered a host of minor things such as maximum lead length, and not changing handlers). All concerned are cock-a-hoop tonight, not least at the fact that our two attempts raised just short of £10,000 for Beagle Welfare and Unite to Care - which deals with the rehoming of ex-lab animals.
    This year's event will probably be a celebration, as Beagle owners seem to resemble their hounds in only being happy when they are in packs!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    How wonderful - you have every right to be proud!
    [​IMG]
    And what a gorgeous picture of your lovely two! :049:
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Taken at a show. Eddie's face saying, 'I want to go home', and Merry is trying so hard to stay in the position where she has been placed.
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    CaroleC likes this.
    Wow that’s exciting news !
    What a lovely photo
    My sister had a beagle when I was young, I didn’t know much about dogs then, my memory of “Dan “ wasn’t the best I’m afraid...he constantly escaped and he never seemed to get tired !
    I wish he was still around I would have been able to help her more now, with knowledge about the breed !
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Beagles had their last wave of popularity in the 60's - 70's. A friend of mine who worked in breeding kennels at that time says nobody ever came back for a second Beagle - but I think it is just a jibe. There are certainly lots of crazy multi-Beagle owners around at present.
    Everybody seems to have a tale about their, or their relatives, Beagle, and the majority of them are hilarious, I sometimes think about compiling a fundraising book of Funny and Clever Beagles, but never seem to get round to it.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    What a lovely picture , congrats on Guinness World Records :038:
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes, it came up on my newsfeed. It was on the cover and page 3 of Our Dogs last week, one Beagle owner said she always knew that she would be on page 3 one day! Our lovely enthusiatic organiser is being interviewed this week by Granada TV - no promises to show it as yet though. There is a whisper of interest by This Morning. I think that is what the prog is called, (I never watch daytime TV).
    Most are sending off for their Guinness certificates, - I believe £24 Inc p&p, a very nice earner for GBR if everyone bought one. Having just paid £48 for my Crufts entry, I just screenshot the sample cert. for Ed and Merry's file! (Cheapskate).
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave and Malka like this.
    Such amazing definition on these drone cameras. We could even pick ourselves out by enlarging the still shot of the monument gathering.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Watching that on full screen the definition/clarity is incredible. I do not think I would be able to pick you out though. :)
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    What gorgeous scenery ,and lots of happy ‘tails.
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Well, we had our two and a half minutes of fame on Granada TV this evening. There was very little footage shown from the actual event, but Sean was interviewed at a regular meet of the Merseyside Beagle Club. Lots of cheeky Beagles showed their faces, a couple of them making a beeline for the furry microphone cover. Of course, Beagle + furry object spells disaster, so the crouching reporter was soon up-ended. When he stood up to sign off, his jeans had an interesting camouflage pattern of muddy pawprints.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Oh I wish I could have seen it but I cannot get UK programmes. [I wonder why the BBC keep sending me threatening reminders about renewing my television licence?]

I have patterns of muddy pawprints everywhere - I mean what is a dog-lover's home without muddy pawprints?