What I don't know about my Shih tzu? [HD video] Videos

Discussion in 'Shih Tzu' started by Chansey Lee Shih Tzu, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Chansey Lee Shih Tzu

Chansey Lee Shih Tzu New Member

Name:
    ChanseyLeeShihTzu

What I don't know about my Shih tzu? [HD video]

Shih Tzu knowledge:

This video will show us the things that we still don't know about our Shih Tzu. Videos of Shih tzu was added hope you like it!

Introduction

A Shih Tzu is a toy breed kind of dog. They also call it Chrysanthemum Dog or Chinese lion dog. Dog's weigh is usually from 4 - 7.25 kilos for a full grown adult. No one knows as to where it come from, but some says that they have originated in the Tibetan Plateau and was developed in China.

History

As from, DNA analysis Shih Tzu has a close genetic relationship to wolves. There were several theories about the Shih tzu's origin. One theory states that it stemmed from a cross breed between the Pekingese and Lhasa Apso.

A story was told that Dalai Lama sent a Tibetan dog as a gift to a Chinese emperor almost end of the 17th century. Chinese royalties like dogs so much. For many years, Chinese people
    didn't allow to sell or to trade it.

It was said that the first batch of Shih tzu was sent to Europe Specifically in England and Norway in 1930. This was named as "Apsos" by the Kennel Club. The Shih Tzu Club wrote it as the first European standard for the breed in England in 1935. Then again they were called as Shih Tzu. Shih Tzu easily spead throughout Europe.

After that this was brought to the United States after the World War II, since some of the members of the U.S. Military brought back the dogs from Europe in the mid-1950s. In 1969 American Kennel Club recognized Shih Tzu in the toy group.

In 2013 Shih Tzu was ranked the 15th most popular breed in United States.

Life span

As per, the survey of UK Kennel Club the median lifespan of a Shih Tzu is about 10 to 16 years.

Appearance

A common type of Shih tzu is Tricolor which is usually black and white in color. More or less this Shih tzu should stand around 26.7 cm with 4.5 to 7.3 kilograms as their ideal weight. They have a long and soft coat. This little dog has a short muzzle and large dark eyes.

Shih tzu's coat have different colors but you can always see white with grey. They also have a feature called the underbite. Their silky coat always reaches the floors since they have a long fur and it is growing fast. Which is why daily brushing is required to avoid tangles.

The typical shorter cut of hair for Shih Tzu is called a "puppy cut" or a "teddy bear cut". This is accompanied by a round and fuller face that looks like a stuffed animal.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!