what you think he is?? ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by lozzibear, Oct 6, 2009.

1. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren

what you think he is??

i was just wondering what breeds everyone thinks jake could be? It doesn’t bother me what breed he is, I love my boy no matter what, but its just interesting to see what people think. I am 100% sure he has BC in him and 95% that there is also GSD, which the vet agrees with, but think there could be something else? His tail really makes me thing there could be…

ive tried to pick some good more recent pics…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

to show his crazy tail… not got any good ones close up of it to show just how curly it is
    [​IMG]

collie…
    [​IMG]

this one always looks very GSD to me…
    [​IMG]

much of his behaviour is BC, he does the collie stalk thing and drops to the ground like collies. He also gets very fixated on things.

He also has a very very high prey drive, he loves to chase anything and everything. Although if its an animal, he doesn’t try to kill it or anything… he just wants to play :mrgreen:. He is extremely energetic, loves his food, is intelligent but sometimes loses focus on what he is meant to be doing and just wants his reward (so does everything he knows to see which one will work :roll:). He pulls a lot on walks, which isn’t really breed relevant, but he has a harness and he throws his weight into it and tries to run, which I was thinking could be. He also barks a lot when people come into the house or garden that he doesn’t know, tail still wags though but he does a funny barky howl thing. he also loves to dig! everywhere! and is obsessed with chased things such as balls or any other dog available… not sure what else to say about him that could be specific to a breed…

he is going to be 7 months on thursday and is knee height (well my knee height :lol: not sure what that is exactly though).

so what you think?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    I don't know, but he's got such a cute nose, i just want to kiss it, lol
  4. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    lol, i love his nose :mrgreen:

this was what it was like when he was younger, even more pink :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

and a black spot in the middle :mrgreen:
  5. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    Collie x JRT? something terriery about him, but dead cute whatever!
  6. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    Hes a cracking boy...stunning chap!!!!
    This is only my opin, but I think I can see maybe a tiny bit of akita there.
    The tail, the ears trying hard to stand up, not just that, when I saw him he had something about him that made me think a tad akiatish. I would say a bit of akita in there some were.

Heres a few pics... what do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Even found a akita pup with his nose! lol
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009
  7. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Alot of Collies have in coreect Tails.

I still think Hes a Huntaway Collie X
  8. moetmum

moetmum New Member

Name:
    Gerry
    I wouldn't say he looks like one particularly but maybe there is a bit of Basenji in there. High prey drive, short attention span (they are bored after a short training session and tend to switch off) , barky howl (Basenjis don't bark), chase anything that moves, curly tail.
  9. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    thanks everyone, sorry its taken me a while to post back, my internet has been down for 2 day! been going crazy :lol:

thanks, a few people have suggested BCxJRT, i sometimes think facially he looks JRT but i always think he looks a bit too big...

his ears are definitely trying to stand lol, especially his left one. his tail always makes me think akita or some kind of husky breed. not sure though lol, only the tail makes me think that. although the way he throws all his weight into the harness and the way he runs in it, makes me think some kind of sled dog aswell...

yeah, he definitely isnt pure collie though. when he was a pup i thought huntaway x BC, but now he is growing its looking less but i can still see it. especially with his colouring. and size wise as well.

i have thought basenji as well before, mainly because of his tail (especially with just how curly it is) but also coz of his stance. i dont have any pics of it but sometimes, if he sees something he is interested in, he stands with his front legs straight and back legs out at an angle behind him, and the way his head is positioned... i cant describe it lol, but it reminds me of a basenji :mrgreen:

i dont know much about basenji behaviour, but what you have said sounds to match jake as well... very well matches him lol