What your choice of dog says about your personality General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

What your choice of dog says about your personality

Some photographs and Jan Etherington's comments, some possibly tongue-in-cheek, here...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/526113/Dog-breed-says-about-your-personality
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I know lots of Jack Russell enthusiasts who love this smart, sprightly breed.
    Keen to learn and responsive to train, it is not surprising that they are popular performers.
    Their owners tend to be similar – generally interested in everything, entertaining as well as tenacious.:043: :043: :043: :043:

They forgotten to mention like to cook glasses, hearing aids & keys - yes me cooked me keys today :044:
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC likes this.
    Chico will be surprised to learn that I should be carrying him everywhere and that he should have a canopied four poster bed.

I suppose I must have had many personality changes over the years, because I've had many different breeds, including a lurcher, border collies, poodles, spaniel, terriers and a Chihuahua!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Only you, Tina, only you! :043::043: :043:
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I didn't buy either M'boi or Georgina because it was trendy to own a Shar-Pei - I don't have a stainless steel kitchen and I've never tasted quinoa! And I've far more wrinkles than Georgie ... in fact when she had her "face lift" I asked the vet if he'd do mine as well. (he declined). What we do have in common is that we both take life seriously, and to people who don't know us can appear to be aloof and distant. We're at our happiest on our own enjoying our creature comforts

I hope I don't look like Gwylim 'cos he's got a long beard and is a fella which I'm most certainly not! He and I are alike in that we're both highly independent and not afraid to speak our mind. We both enjoy going to the "hairdressers" (his charges more than mine) and being well groomed, travelling in the car and meeting new people - and dogs!

I think I've got the best of both worlds with Georgie and Gwylim because they both reflect different aspects of my personality ... what a lucky mum I am! .
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not sure what Pereg says about me. But she has a short coat and I have short [very] hair, we both prefer each others company and do not like to mix with others, be they with two or four legs. And both of us have "problems".

But. I wanted a small, black and tan, very young mutt puppy and she wanted a home - so I guess it was a match made in heaven.

Same really with my little Lexi, except that she was a quiet little girl who never bothered anyone, had no "problems" apart from being escape artist, whereas Pereg is a total Velcro dog.

And Barbara, nobody needs a book of Quinoa recipes because if you can cook you do not need a recipe book! :D
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I should have added that both Pereg and I have to take a slew of medication and supplements each day!

Oh yes, we really do suit each other! :005:
  9. Sue Staffy

Sue Staffy New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Very interesting to read, I've always had Staffies and done a lot of research on them before I got my first girl. I did get this breed because of the love they had for children and I had two young children at the I got my first staffie. With all the reading i done on them they were the best breed for me. Now over the years I have seen the change in owner of the staffie and to be honest I don't like a staff running towards me or my dogs if I don't no them.