What's in the mix? ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Evie, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie

What's in the mix?

This is the dog that followed us home yesterday. Still no joy in locating owners. I'm interested to hear breed/mix would you say she is? She's a leggy pup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Imana-Banana

Imana-Banana New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Is she not just a juvenile Rottweiler? :017:
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    My first thought was that there's quite a bit of Rottie in there. Very nice looking dog.
  5. Laurabehjet

Laurabehjet New Member

Name:
    Looks purebred Rottweiler to me, I don't see anything else in there...
  6. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Perhaps stating the obvious but what's on her tag ?

Can you check if she's chipped ?
  7. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie
    Yes, that's what I thought either a lot of Rottie or pure bred. I was surprised when someone working with a rescue suggested Doberman, I think they were looking at her long gangly legs. I've never met a juvenile rottie before, but I'd imagine she isn't as broad as a pure bred. Still, I wouldn't have thought Dobie at all myself.

The tag is one I've put on her, just in case. ;-)
    She is chipped. Only details registered were owner's name and address. House is vacant and I believe to be a rental. Hoping to get house owner's contact details to see if they have previous tenants details. Reported to dog warden, local rescues, radio, lost and found pages on FB. Not looking good though.
  8. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Yes a Rottie and one of my first thoughts was 'bit of Dobie' but I am hopeless at guessing x breeds.

Here's a dobie pup
    [​IMG]

** Just had a look at some Rottie pups and she looks like one of those as well! P'raps not quite as chunky in the face.

She's lovely.
  9. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    My guess is pure Rottie, maybe not a very well bred one but one all the same...........shes cute though xx
  10. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Cute and looking very much 'at home' lol!
  11. Darcy Boy

Darcy Boy New Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    Pure Rottweiler.
  12. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie
    It would be interesting to see what she turns out like when she's older..... I nearly said "will be" there! :lol:

Way too much "at home" here, Tangutica"! I keep telling her not to get too comfy. ;-) Hopefully her owner will turn up soon.
  13. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Well if someone IS missing her I hope so too. But at some level I hope you get to keep her! When I think of how we worry that our dogs will fret if away from us for long and LOOK AT HER! LOL!
  14. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I can't see Dobermann in her but can see where they were coming from as the head looks a bit narrow for a Rottie but as Jackbox said probably not a particularly well bred example.
  15. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie
    She seems well cared for, I'm surprised no one has called about her. But if someone was really missing her, they'd have rung the dog warden, or local rescue center, or a local vet, ALL of whom know about her being here with me.
    We'll see what happens.

Well, you should know what a dobie looks like, what with having 3 of them and all. ;-)

Aye, probably just poorly bred for a quick buck, wee mite. Still damned cute though. :lol:
  16. Ink

Ink New Member

Name:
    Ink
    I think her legs are too long for a purebred rottweiler.
  17. Vicky88

Vicky88 New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    She is cute!. My first thought was Rottie cross. Not sure she is all Rottie, but I'm not an expert on Rotties.
  18. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    She is a beautiful young pure bred rottie! Send her my way please!
  19. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    I wouldn't say she was very old at all. Have you checked her teeth...would have thought there were still some baby teeth in that cute mouth.
  20. Ink

Ink New Member

Name:
    Ink
    Excuse me, but if that is a pure bred rottweiler then it is an extremely badly bred one. Not even working line rottweilers look like that. I seriously doubt that she's pure bred.
  21. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie
    This adorable little lady was returned to her owner at the start of this week. I forgot to ask if she was pure bred, but she was def 6 months old. And yes, I agree, if pure bred , def poor bed!

Meet her owner whilst out walking today.... he still hasn't repaired his fence and the wee woman went missing again today. :x