Where can I get a Pitbull? General Chat

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by bulldog1983, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog1983

bulldog1983 New Member

Name:
    Geo

Where can I get a Pitbull?

deos any 1 know were i can get a pittbull i want afriend for my american bulldog but dont want a dog ov the same size i realy like pittbulls or amstaffs or irish staffs if any 1 can help
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Pit Bulls are a banned breed of dog in this country. You might be able to find one, but what you'd be doing would be illegal. All it would take is one person to report you for owning one and the dog would probably be taken from you and destroyed.

Don't risk it. If you want another Bull breed, get a legal breed; an English BT, a Staffie, another American Bulldog, etc.
  4. bulldog1983

bulldog1983 New Member

Name:
    Geo
    was thinking about a blue staff but always wanted a pitt and after cing a few people with them it made me want 1 even more.the breed shouldnt be banned should be the owners
  5. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Agree it shouldn't be the dog but it is and the law is the law. I personally would not want to take the risk of having my dog seized and possibly put down simply because of the way it looks.
    Becky
  6. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    and as the breed is banned the only sort of people you can buy these dogs from are unsavoury type people who are back yard breeders who arent concerned about responsible breeding practice or animal welfare.
    its just a fast buck
  7. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    TBH, I doubt the dogs you have seen are actually Pit Bulls. As they are a banned breed. It is more likely you have seen staffies or staff crosses?

The knee-jerk reaction of the Government banning certain breeds they deemed as dangerous is currently under review. The Dangerous Dogs Act was one of the worst pieces of legislation they conconcoted IMO.:roll:

Others are trying to pass a new bill through which will hopefully rectify this stupid act, although I doubt very much they will ever do a U-Turn and allow the banned breeds off the list.

I agree it would be wise to just forget about trying to own a Pit or Pit Cross for this reason. There are plenty of other wonderful breeds out there you could choose from.:002:
  8. majuka

majuka New Member

Name:
    Jane
    Whilst I agree with you on this point, I agree with what everyone else has written. You may well be able to find a pit / type dog but do you really want the risk of having your beloved dog taken from you simply because of what type of dog it is / what it looks like? Every time you take it outside your home you would run the risk of someone reporting you.
  9. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    i think your either short of a few brain cells or on a wind up check out the pizcos websites you can get yourself a nice plastic pit off there waiting for mugs like you :grin:you honestly think someones gonna sell you a real one lol:lol:
  10. bulldog1983

bulldog1983 New Member

Name:
    Geo
    no short a brain cell or whatever the rest ur crap patter was a no ppl who own them a just cant get 1 because there was none from that breeding
  11. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    can you type that again minus text talk.
    im old and cant understand you
  12. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Krusewalker,

I think basically Bullfog1983 is saying you're talking crap (obviously like EVERYONE else then) and he/she knows people who own a pitbull but he/she couldn't gert one because they weren't breeding at that time.

IMHO it makes no difference when her friends, colleagues, family etc are breeding - they're obviously not in this country and if they are, just imagine how unhealthy and at risk those pups would be.

Pitbulls are illegal here - end of!

Laura xx
  13. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Please note posting guideline 6.9. Please take time to preview your posting before hitting the submit button, Thanks. It is discourteous to the reader not to bother to make ones posts legible. Imagine what the site would be like if everyone took so little care with their posts.
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Roughly translated as...

I am not short of a brain cell or whatever else you said..I know people who own then (pit bulls) I just can't get one as there was none from that litter

I think:shock:
  15. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Glad you could figure out what was meant by that. I was sat here scratching my head. :shock:

As for the OP, WHY are you looking for a Pit Bull when they are an ILLEGAL, banned breed? you will not find a reputable breeder of Pit Bulls in this county because they are banned. There are plenty of Bull breeds that are not dissimilar to Pit Bulls but are perfectly legal. Please, if you want another Bully type breed, look to one of those breeds - not an illegal one.
  16. longford

longford New Member

Name:
    james
    If your so in the know you wouldnt be asking on a public board would you lol thats why i asked as its not the brightest thing to do and a serious dogman wouldnt sell to any tom dick and harry i honestly thought this was a wind up and not being funny you come across as a wanna be badman;-)
  17. bulldog1983

bulldog1983 New Member

Name:
    Geo
    i know they are illegal but they are imported in under diffrent breed papers do none ov yous know anything about the underworld im obv in the wrong place asking this question
  18. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    I think someone should put some soup on :lol:

Do you realised that the police regularly monitor forums to seek out numpties like you - they can trace your IP and find out where you are.
  19. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Hi bulldog and welcome to the forum.

Yes I'm aware that apbt's are imported illegally, yes I'm aware of the underworld and yes if I wanted a pitbull I know people who breed them, and could get me one, but no I'm not going to tell you. The reason, you havn't exactly came across as a responsible dog owner, just some one who wants something regardless of the consiquences for yourself and most importantly the dog, who stands to to loose a lot more than you, mainly its life, if it is taken from you. But I don't supose you care.

The person I know, actually gives a dam where their dogs go, and they don't sell to people who just want an hard man image boost.

So yes you'd be better off somewhere seedier.

I apologise if this comes off as harsh, but the subject of the apbt and its legal status in this country just gets me riled. For the record, I can't stand bsl, but niether do I think every tom, dick or harry should own a apbt.
  20. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Oh my! .....
  21. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    My thoughts too, it seems we are not down with the streets enough for this wanna be ganster! :roll:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.