Where did my puppy go? Photos

Discussion in 'Flat Coated Retriever' started by Tarimoor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne

Where did my puppy go?

Rhuna was six months old on the 11 December :shock:

[​IMG]

This is her in upside down mode, which is, apparently, something all flatcoats do........

[​IMG]

Here she is with the chocolate numpty girls, look who's tallest!

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    She is growing into a beautiful girl Tarrimoor. You must be very proud of her. It's when you see them at the side of labradors that the physical differences become readily apparent. Are you able to post her pedigree up on here. I would be interested to know her background.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Three absolutely beautiful girls! :007:
  5. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    who installed your stove?
  6. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone

Name:
    Jules
    They are all beautiful. :)
  7. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    The movement is incredibly different as well, I'm amazed at how different they are. Sire is Gowran Mars Black at Varingo, and the Dam is imported from Canada, Evensong Northern Star of Arrowhill. I'll dig out her pedigree and post a scanned copy if you want? And I know I'm biased, but she is an incredibly pretty flatcoat, I think all my girls are stunning in their own way :)

No idea, it's a rented house, and nothing works properly, it just looks the part, thank goodness we're moving soon!
  8. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    Gorgeous girlie :007: They do really grow really quick, don't stay puppies for long :lol: Beautiful dogs though.
  9. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    3 beautiful girls you have there, and the shine on their coats is phenominal (sp?), they are a real credit to you, but Rhuna gets my vote, she's absolutely gorgeous.:007: :007:

My friend has a young flatcoat, I'll be showing her these pics when she's next round. Hers is 3 now, still a complete nutter, but he does his job brilliantly (allegedly!) when she goes out shooting with him, having spent the past 3 years training him constantly.

He now ignores the ones in flight and brings her back what she's placed in the woods, as she continues with his training every, single morning! Fantastic dogs, and if I could have my time all over again, this would be the dog for me.

He always hones in on my dog's ball when we first meet up, he keeps it for the entire walk, but on the way home, he hides it somewhere, without any of us knowing where, he looks at us kind of dumb, he won't retrieve it, and the next morning when she takes him out, he knows exactly where he left it!!!;-) She once threw my dog's ball, it went high up into a tree, fell down through the branches and into some horrendously thick undergrowth, so I said we'd have to give up on it, but oh no, she said, she'd send in the dog, and 5 mins later, out he came, covered in debris and brambles with the ball firmly in his gob, my jaw dropped open, I was utterly amazed, he's a superstar!
  10. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Rhuna has a stronger desire to retrieve, than either of my Labs, but then she's more *working* bred than they are as well.

Have scanned her pedigree, her dam has health tests in place, they're just not listed on this version.

[​IMG]
  11. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab
    She's a real beauty, and reminds me of the Flatcoat girl that we walk with most days at a local park. Such a lovely breed, and from what I've seen, they are usually real personalities.

Definitely a breed I am looking at. It's now GSD V Flatcoat :mrgreen:
  12. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
  13. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Thanks for all the lovely replies!

Rhuna is indeed a cracker, and she chose me, more than anything, when I went to look at her. That's the way it's been for all my girls I've bought, rather than rescued, i'ts been them that have chosen me, rather than the other way round, seems to work.

Rhuna has fit in like she was meant to be, right from the very start. So, the girly gang is now three, soon, hopefully to be four!
  14. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    Will No.4 be a labrador or a flatcoat Tarrimoor.
  15. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    im gonna gues flatcoat so there is two of each :lol:
  16. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Quite a lot of Collyer in there, i was told once they were great, long lived lines. Don't know how true it is but it was a fairly reliable source.
    Rhuna is beautiful!
    Yes, the upside down FCR... I know it well :)

FCRs are FAB dogs but they are not for everyone. They are full on and enthusiastic in everything that they do. Training largely involves:
    A) keeping one step ahead of them, this gets more difficult the more you have;
    B) persuading them that whatever you asked them to do was their idea in the first place :)

They love water, mud and sharing it with you and your house. They are counter surfers extraordinaire.

I designed my kitchen around Cosmo's muddly tail and their counter surfing.
    We have just shelled out on a blaster to make life easier from October to March!

I love them but they are a lifestyle choice and it seems to be a certain 'type' that fall head over heels with them.

They are nothing like GSDs. :)

I shall stop now :)

Beautiful photos I love Rhuna x
  17. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    Typical flatcoat - sounds like he is a good example of his breed. I really do miss having a flatcoat around and still hanker after another. Maybe in the Spring I might find a rescue for my golden retriever pup Bonnie to share the house and sofa with.
  18. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    I knew it! ;-) give me a shout if you do decide to as I will put some feelers out :)

Yes... Cosmo is amazing at finding balls! They have such good noses and are determined!
  19. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Labrador, hopefully the very first from a litter bred by myself. Although I certainly wouldn't rule out another flatcoat in the future, I'll be starting to show Rhuna in the new year, and the OH already has aspirations for her to be his next peg dog!

Ahhhh, counter surfing, yes, found THAT one out! She's already visited the all you can eat chicken buffet in the bottom of the utility room sink this morning, that long nose gets her into bother everywhere! But then those eyes get her straight out of it again :lol:
  20. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    Thank you Ramble. I don't know what it is about these flipping flatcoats Ramble. They get under your skin and the itch won't go away. Bonnie is turning into a lovely girl. She likes the water and mud and is so lively and sociable - I can't really fault her and I am so pleased we have her, but I long for a flatcoat male again. I still miss Zac and Luna. For me there is something about the flatcoat males and I am sure Bonnie would enjoy having a companion.
  21. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Yes the pointy nose that gets them where other dogs would fear to tread, Cosmo opens our stairgate with his! But yes.. Those eyes!!!! :)

Aerolor yes..FCR males... Love them. Love then lots. Also adore Tango. I will always have to have a male and female FCR one rescue one from a pup. I have my name on the list for a pup in about 2 years, from Luna :)