Where did you get your dog? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by melzy, Mar 24, 2008.

1. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy

Where did you get your dog?

just wondering were people get there dog,eg farm,house breeder ,show breeder,:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    We got Cassie from a very dodgy house so we rescued her from an unknown fate really:shock: Free to a good home!
    Heard they had a litter and OH's mate went to see her and brought her straight to us as the house was filthy as were the kids and dogs! Don't know where she would have ended up if we hadn't taken her!
  4. Rookgeordiegirl

Rookgeordiegirl New Member

Name:
    Jeanette
    Rookie came from a farmer friend in Co Durham,who only works blue merles ( funnily enough breeds belgian blue cattle and blue sheep) She was one of 4 blue merles in a litter of 7 the others being 2 tri's and a black and white.
    Sprig ,well she came from Ireland where her mother give birth to 7 healthy collie pups in a ditch, after she had been dumped, they were all rescued at about 6wks by L.A.W and came to Wiccaweys.Her mum was a tri and all the pups B/W/
  5. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    All mine have been rescues.
  6. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Awww...I didn't realise Sprig was one of those Wiccaweys pups, such a sad story but lovely happy ending. So glad you have her:grin:
  7. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Mine are from a breeder, who breeds every now and then... and put me throught the mill to get Jamie!!!:grin:
  8. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Our collies are a mix of registered (ISDS) farm stock and home bred dogs.

My GSD came from a reputable breeder and is from obedience/working trials lines.
  9. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    oh i hate to see pups an dog in they kinds of enviroment i got my dog from a family for free when he was a pup i was only 11 i went with my mate an just said my mum said i can have one of ur pups, sh didnt didnt even ask my mum an we only stayed up the road,my mum really said no but i didnt ask twice as i had seen her cry at pet rescue with rolf harris every time it was on:lol: so i knew she would let me keep it and sh did but right away but i said if the puppy goes then so do i and i packed my school bag:lol:
  10. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    im thinking of getting my pup from a isds breeder
  11. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Mine are all rescue`, including two also originally saved by LAW then homed through Wiccaweys same as Rookgeordiegirl`s Sprig :grin:
  12. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    what is law and wiccaways ?
  13. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    My girls all come from a breeder :)
  14. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
  15. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    We got Jed from the local paper, lol!

The people owned the dam, sire and a grandparent and did alot with horses so not entirely sure if they bred occassionally for their own purpose, if it was an accident or what.

Whatever the reason, he has no papers and we've no idea of his breeding.
  16. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Charlie free to a good home from someone rather dodgy, known to hit his dogs in public to get them to 'behave'. He was 10 month old, handshy and not even housetrained, enough said!

Dusty from a 'hobby' breeder. She didn't show but I didn't really know much better then, I found her through the KC so thought she'd be ok. No health tests though.

Maddy from a show breeder, but not a serious show breeder, she'd only shown a few times although her Sire was top weim 2 years running and they are really well known breeders in weims. Health tested and hip scored and a lovely example of a weim if not for her temp.
  17. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    just been it the wiccaways site an poped ou to say oh my god i want one of there dogs:-( but im to far away and have no transport :cry:
  18. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    dylan was a wiccaweys dog came to us 9wks old ,willow came from birmingham dogs home .i would allways have a rescue;-)
  19. Teal'c

Teal'c New Member

Name:
    DC
    All ISDS here :grin: I see your from Perth, on 4th and 5th of April there is an agility show in Camperdown Park Dundee. Loads of border collies from many different backgrounds/breeding competing, you could always go along to watch and chat to the owners of the dogs you like might help you get a feel for what you really like :grin:
  20. youngstevie

youngstevie

Reah........was involved in a road accident, and I took her once the previous owner wanted to PTS due to cost
    Skye........A farm in Wales
    Bruce.......One of 9 pups, from a Rescued BC after she was 'binned' as rubbish
  21. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    its so hard to belive how cruel people can be