Which breed forums are you watching? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Azz, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Which breed forums are you watching?

Did you know you can watch the forums of your favourite breeds (or groups) on Breedia?

They then show up in your Watched Forums list: http://www.forum.breedia.com/watched/forums

You can also specify whether you want an alert with email or just a notification whenever a new thread is posted. You need never miss a thread for your breed again :D

watcher.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Just bumping this in case you are unaware of it...

You can 'watch' your favourite breed forums, and then simply click on the 'Watched forums' link in the top nav to see them - much easier than having to hunt around for them :D
  4. Bitkin

Bitkin Member

Name:
    Sally
    Azz likes this.
    Found it tonight Azz, and I really love this idea. I am looking forward to lots of chats in the JRT section
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz likes this.
    I'm watching a few - cocker spaniel and poodles because I've got a cocker spaniel and a poodle! Chihuahuas because I want one; Yorkshire Terriers because Witty is part Yorkie; Terriers because he's a terrier, and Crossbreeds in case there's any Lurcher chat.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Azz likes this.
    I thought I was watching Griffons because I used to breed them, and Pharoah Hounds because my friend Kris has some - but according to the Watched Forums link I am not watching any. :102:
  7. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz likes this.
    I had to do Cockers and Yorkshire Terriers twice, as the first time they didn't come up.
  8. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Azz likes this.
    I'm not watching any, won't they appear in new posts anyway?
  9. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hmmm I'm not sure why they didn't show up first time - did the pop up box show up (you have to set your preferences in there first) @jantet @Malka

@Trouble yes they will show up in new posts, but watching a forum lets you get to it quickly (without having to manually find it via the AtoZ list) and you can also set up an alert to show on the site when a new thread is posted in one of your watched forums... or even get an email notification :D
  10. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz likes this.
    The pop up box showed for the first couple I did (I can't remember which order I did them in) but then for two of them nothing happened so I had to come back a few minutes later and try again. Though it could well be my computer - I've come very close to throwing it out of the window lately.
  11. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Azz likes this.
    I'll be keeping tabs on the Springers of course...
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    OK - so what pop up box am I supposed to have seen? I have already set my preferences for Alerts - am I supposed to see a pop up box when I click on the Forum section of each breed? [​IMG]
  13. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Ah right - might have been an icky connection at the time. Glad it is sorted now tho :)

Nice one Phil :D

When you click on 'watch forum' - is there one showing for you?
  14. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Azz likes this.
    watching dachshunds and mixed breeds.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Azz likes this.
    There was not - in fact nothing happened - but third time lucky there was and now I am officially watching those two breeds! :026: