Why Do Dogs Sniff Humans in Their Private Parts? Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Why Do Dogs Sniff Humans in Their Private Parts?

Another of the articles that find their way into my inbox when I look for stories about dogs, and one for which I would like to hear other people's thoughts on the subject.

Full article and some great cartoons/memes here...

http://www.dogchannel.com/why-dogs/why-do-dogs-sniff-butts-and-private-parts.aspx

Is your dog a crotch-sniffer? And whether or not he/she is, what do you think of the article?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Oh yes specially after I been to The Rescue Home, they will start sniffing my feet working round & up my legs finally ending up where no nose should go.
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I can't recall any dog I've owned being that way inclined. I do remember though when I was in my early teens my best friend's parents had a large Lab who used to make a bee line straight for me whenever I went to their house. I found it so embarrassing I stopped going round and my friend used to come to my house instead.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    One of my Akitas was terrible for doing it to both men and women, luckily my friends got used to it but was embarrassing if it was strangers, he used to push right up their dress/skirt or shove his nose straight into their crotch.
  6. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju
    My dogs don't do that much,I try to discourage it if they do start sniffing, but I just put it down to that's there way of greeting, similar to dogs that lick their owners mouths/face.a submissive gesture like they would do to other dogs.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    No, I've never had a dog that was over interested in the human crotch, but have to admit that little Ed is fascinated to see how humans use a toilet. He stares, and comes for a closer look. It is disconcerting - if you push the door closed in his face, he pushes it open again. OH uses the upstairs loo.
    Sorry if this post is in poor taste - Beagles are just not classy dogs.
  8. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Phoebe will do that, follow me upstairs to come the loo with me.

Phoebe will sniff other peoples privates but never mine of oh's