Why do my dogs make me feel guilty. ..... Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by 6JRT's, Nov 18, 2014.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka, Azz and CaroleC like this.

Why do my dogs make me feel guilty. .....

When I have to take them to the vets :(

I took K9 & Skye for their annual check up & yearly booster today, both dog got very excited about going walkies, but both gave me dirty looks when we arrived at the vets :(.

Then the I don't trust you looks were aimed at me, when I weighed them (Skye 8.10kg & K9 12kg) it got even worst once they were on top of vets examination table, as the vet trimmed their claws (K9 as ignored me ever since we got back as vet made his claws bleed) even more worse K9 at to be muzzled while having his claw trimmed as he will bite the clippers.
    Both pased the health check but
    Skye got to have her back teeth clean in next 6 months, however K9's are brilliantly white so he's ok.

I did tell K9 we are going to see Rick King tomorrow to have some Christmas photos taken & he did give little wag of his tail then stuck his head up in air & went upstairs to bed, left me downstairs feeling miserable & guilty for taking him to the vet.
    :(
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Malka and 6JRT's like this.
    Sounds just like me when I have to take my daughter to the doctor to get shots. I feel horrible about it. But just remember it is for their own good and hopefully you won't feel so bad!
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    Why do your dogs make you feel guilty?

Because they can! :D

All they have to do is give you "The Look" and you instantly feel guilty - and they know it! :D
  5. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka, CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    I was in Georgina's bad books last Thursday when I took her to the vets to have her yearly rabies vaccination. I think she thought she was going to "iskola" which is a couple of miles farther along the same road as the vets so she only twigged where we were when she got out of the car. Talk about procrastination! She insisted on sniffing every centimetre of the path to the waiting room door. And when we got in she flopped onto the floor and moaning loudly, tried to crawl on her tummy back towards the door. Luckily we didn't have long to wait, but I had to drag her into the surgery where she refuse to speak to Dr Horwath and she definitely wasn't happy when he stuck a needle in her bum! It might have taken 5 minutes to get her from the car to the waiting room but it took less than a minute for her to get from the surgery and back into the car! She hated me for the rest of the day. :021:
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Barbara - when Vadim comes to give Pereg her rabies shot he does it in her scruff, not in her bum. :confused:

I am not sure whether to take Pereg to the vet tomorrow or wait until Sunday. Probably best if I telephone Dalia [nurse] tomorrow morning and check what time Ram will finish whatever ops he has in the morning. If he will not finish until 1pm I will suggest waiting until Sunday.

Although the problem is he is usually operating most mornings and I need him to have enough time free afterwards to get the blood test results and then discuss them - plus look at her shoulder/leg because of her limp.

It also might be confusing for Pereg as the surgery has moved, although only a couple of streets away, but I am not sure exactly where it is - and the layout is going to be totally different.

As for dragging her in - Ram always has to drag an imitation road-kill Pereg into the examination room while I wheel after him! It is not that she does not want to go but she seems to think that I might not be following! :lol:
  7. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju
    Tell them Bout the Xmas party I'm sure your going to have for them!that will perk em up!!!
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Ooh yes, de Xmas paaaarty for de dawgs - Pereg sez can her come too pullease! :D
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Yes Pereg you can come I send my gnomes to magical you over here xx
  10. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    6JRT's likes this.
    And Princess Pei Face and Prince Gwylim as well? They won't require transport though as they have their own private jet! :cool:
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    Nuffink like braggin' be dere.

Harrumph.

[goes off and stamps foot]

[sez ouch]
  12. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    Yes the Prince & Princess can come to but dont forget their passports, if they coming by private jet.
    {Don't worry Pereg it only takes seconds to come by magic & you won't need a passport}
  13. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    The Prince & Princess would be delighted to accept your invitation to the party. The Princess has spent the morning going through her wardrobe to find a suitable evening dress to wear ... she can't decide between the Givenchy and the Yves St Laurent. And which tiara to wear and whether her outfit would look better with diamonds or pearls! The Prince is undecided whether to wear the same uniform as he wore to the royal wedding or whether he'd look better in black tie and tails. It's a hard life being royalty!

Tina ... some time next week the royal equerry will call on you to check the red carpet, security arrangements and advise you on protocol. The Prince & Princess don't expect anyone to curtsey, a gentle shake of the paw is perfectly acceptable ... and please tell K9 kissing HRH is most definitely NOT permitted! And no chatting up the Prince who is a confirmed bachelor.

If you have any queries please contact Buck House.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and Pork1epe1 like this.
    Pereg is trying to convince her human to let her wear the treasured jewellery that belonged to the late HRH Countess Little One. If she does, her human will have to arrange with the Bank to get it out of the vaults and make sure that the insurance is up-to-date.

Especially for overseas travel.

[​IMG]