Why is it........... General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by 6JRT's, Oct 15, 2014.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Azz and CaroleC like this.

Why is it...........

That every coat & bodywarmer I own has doggy poo bags, sand, dog whistle & travel wetwipes in their pockets, I actually have a doggy bag that I wear when walking, but I still end up with doggy items in my pockets.

My poor colleague borrowed my hi vis security jacket, so he could go lock up the buildings in the rain, he put the walkie talkie in one pocket, mobile security clocking device in another pocket & building keys in the big pocket, he radioed in after 25 mins with what's the sand for, then couple mins later why have you got pink sandwich bags in your pocket (didn't have the heart or courage to tell him sand is for runny dog poo & bags to pick up the poo) then he came on radio what's the whistle for, thinking quick I radioed back & said in case I get hurt or lost plus if I am out of radio frequency you be able to tell where I am when I blow the whistle, he radioed back that the whistle don't work has he been blowing on it, well that explains why Vinny the guard dog was going crazy.

One day I will own a coat that don't have poo bags, travel wetwipe, sand & dog whistles in their pockets, well one can dream.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    [​IMG]
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    I am assuming the doggy poo bags were empty....
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Somehow I cannot see our Tina putting a full one in her pocket...

...although nothing would surprise me now, not after she recently cooked her spectacles!

:044: :044: :044: :044: :044:
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Rest assure ladies they were empty & on roll x
  7. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    6JRT's likes this.
    you think thats bad tina, i usually have dog treats in my bra (you know for when you just dont have a pocket) and forget about them and they end up on bathroom floor at bed time.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    However, the full ones do keep your hands warm in Winter!
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    On the subject of keeping things in a bra, on two separate occasions I kept a tiny Griffon puppy that needed feeding every two hours in mine [at night the puppy would go on a heated pad in a box next to my bed, with the alarm set].

[Takes "puppies" in a bra to a whole new level...;)]
  10. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    6JRT's likes this.
    Me to malka. I hand reared a yorkshire terrier that lived in my bra in the day and my knicker drawer at night with heated teddys. sadly she died at 5 days old and broke my heart as she had been with me that whole time, she even had a trip to the cinema in my bra
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Katy, will you please come and clean my monitor only I had just taken a gulp of coffee when I read the last few words!

Sorry that you lost the puppy :( - I was lucky and only ever lost two, one at 36 hours but I had a feeling when he was born that something was wrong, and from another litter [and dog mum] the most exquisite little girl at 5½ weeks. She had developed an UTI and then meningitis and lost the use of her back legs so we sadly called it a day.

But the two I hand-reared thrived on Lactol.
  12. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    its heart breaking, all but one of the litter died. the hand reared one (peapod) 3 more with mum then 2 more at 6 months both of liver failure. Yet Sophie is almost 9 and has never even been to the vets.

Sorry messed up your screen malka but she came everywhere with me for that 5 days, shops, pub, cinema, friends, toilet.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    That was so sad Katy - to have lost all but one. :(

Griffons usually only have two or three puppies and the first one I lost was one of three - the beautiful 5½-week-old girl was one of two.

But one of my Griffs surprised me with her second and last litter. She was at the lower end of the standard size but for her first litter I used my mentor's really small stud dog who was known to throw small puppies, and she had two lovely little boys.

I used the same stud dog the second time and she shook both me and my mentor by producing five teeny weeny ickle puppies! One was so much smaller than the others that I was sure she would not make it but oh yes she did, and my little Z was an absolute perfect mother.

Strange thing though, for that second litter she started regurgitating her food when she thought her puppies should start to be weaned. The first time I had come across that and the first time even my mentor had, and she had been breeding, showing, and judging [at championship level] Griffons for well over 30 years by then.
  14. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    wow thata amazing her weaning them herself. Cleo whos last litter peapod was from was an amazing mum and i cant blame her for kicking out these puppies as she knew they wouldnt make it and she reared sophie and the 2 that lasted a few months fine and all her other litters. When she became a grandma she kept stealing the puppies as she wanted to rear them herself aswell, we had to move mum away to rear her babies in peace. Phoebes mum was blase and soon as they were on solids she ditched them. Would jump the safety gate for a snooze on sofa and would have to be dragged back in, after a few days we gave up and just gave them milk in bowls from the vet as she had very little interest in them.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh but she was a funny little girl - her first litter, the two little boys, she screamed the house down! And once each one was delivered she ignored them, just cleaned herself while I opened sacs, cleaned pups, did all the necessary - then offered them, one at a time, to her, it was Oh Wow, is that MINE? She did that with the first one and then the second one!

With the five Z babies she was still very noisy, and took all night to produce them, and mostly left it up to me to open sacs etc although she did watch very carefully. And in those days there were no scans so although I knew she had a belly-full - being a small red smooth it was obvious to see - but both my vet and I thought maybe three. Three? She had five!

I have boxes full of photos of them - maybe one day I will scan them onto my computer. Maybe. But maybe they are best left in my memory?

But I still remember who had all of my puppies, and I have so many stories about all of the new families and why I chose them. Even all these years later.

It was, to be honest, a very loss-making experience, but oh such an honour to know that my puppies were so healthy and went to such wonderful homes.

[One went home with her new "parents" wrapped up in the fur coat her new Mum took off to wrap her in!]
  16. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    When Chloe was a tiny puppy, whenever we went shopping, I used to carry her around in my handbag, which was large enough to zip up but still leave her head peeping out! Needless to say I got a few strange looks from passers by. :115:
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Try opening the door to someone and they peer intensely at your boobs because you appear to have three and the middle one is moving...

[Brings back memories of opening the door to pay the milkman, forgetting that I had my newborn son latched onto a rather full boob... :oops:]